Pizza Wheels. You'll want to pop as many of these little pizza wheel treats into your mouth as will fit. Crescent roll dough provides a mouth-watering crust. Try experimenting with different types of cheese to vary the flavor.
Some people like extra cheese, some people like white pizza. In this easy app, everything you love about pizza is wrapped up in tender crescent pastries. Chopped pepperoni and green bell pepper combine with melty Italian cheeses in Pillsbury™ crescent dough to make a tasty twist on pizza everyone will love to snack on. You can cook Pizza Wheels using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pizza Wheels
- You need 1 can of refrigerated pizza dough.
- You need 1 small of jar pizza sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of pepperoni – chopped to 1/4in pieces (we used a pepperoni stick we found at the store).
- It’s 1 cup of shredded mozzarella – chopped slightly for smaller pieces.
Don't forget the pizza sauce for dipping! Customer service seems to be a lost art but Pizza on Wheels is bringing it back. Delicious pizza, excellent customer service, and appropriate wait times. This pizza is exactly what you need after a day on the beach.
Pizza Wheels step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Generously spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. NOTE: I found my Pam with flour for baking works best with these..
- Unroll Pizza dough sheet onto a clean, lightly floured surface, long side facing you (running left to right). Press dough out to make larger, about 12x8in. or so..
- Spread a very thin layer of pizza sauce over surface, reserve the rest of jar for dipping. Next, sprinkle evenly with chopped pepperoni then shredded cheese..
- Beginning with the edge closest to you (long side), tightly roll up dough into a log shape and position seam side down. Cut 12 slices about 1" wide each. TIP: moisten your knife blade with water between each cut to prevent sticking..
- Place pinwheels cut sides up & down, about 2in apart on prepared baking sheet. Place in oven and bake 10 – 12 minutes, or until tops are bubbling and "crust" is lightly golden..
- When done, remove pinwheels from oven, serve immediately with warmed pizza sauce and enjoy!.
- NOTE: If you can't find a whole pepperoni stick to chop up, pre-diced will do. Or even pre-sliced will do, simply give the slices a rough chop and spread over sauce layer according to step 3. Although chopped pepperoni stick makes all the difference in my opinion. ;).
To make the pizza pinwheels, you'll need to flatten out the dough. You can use refrigerated crescents or pizza dough; they both come out to roughly the same size. Be sure to flour the surface first to avoid sticking. Wheelz Pizza is your neighborhood food truck, serving Wilmington the best gourmet, Neapolitan-Brooklyn Style pizza in the area! From our fresh ingredients to our unique service, you will never be disappointed.