Tex's Pizza Dough 🍕. I grade this pizza in two ways, the crust and also the cheese and toppings. The crust is good, but a little heavy for my taste. I prefer brick oven, lighter style crust, but even so, it was good.
An easy pizza dough to which you can add an extra Mediterranean flavour with the addition of black olives and Italian herbs such as basil, oregano, and parsley. Irresistibly tasty, Rhodes Bake-N-Serv® Texas Rolls will have your family begging for more. Also, these rolls are great for recipes, including sandwich buns or even a mini pizza crust. You can cook Tex's Pizza Dough 🍕 using 8 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tex's Pizza Dough 🍕
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of plain flour.
- It’s 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of dry active yeast.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of sliced black olives (optional).
- You need of your favourite Italian herbs (optional).
Best Pizza in Arlington, Texas: Find Tripadvisor traveler reviews of Arlington Pizza places and search by price, location, and more. My favorite pizza dough: the big secret is how you proof the dough. My all-time favorite dough is NY style dough, which really is classic pizza dough that is stretched out into a thin crust pizza. This type of pizza dough contains water, flour, salt, instant yeast, and olive oil (and sugar especially when baking in a home oven, to help browning).
Tex's Pizza Dough 🍕 instructions
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in the warm water.
- Beat in 1 cup of the flour.
- Combine the rest of the flour with the oil, salt, herbs, and olives, then add to the bowl. Mix until you have a dough that is elastic, but easy to handle. Add a little more flour or water if necessary. Transfer the dough to an oiled bowl..
- Cover the bowl with cling film. Allow to prove for at least 2 hours at room temperature, or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Flick the dough so that it begins to drop, almost to it a original size. Remove from bowl and place on your oiled work surface. Knead then form into a long brick shape.
- Divide into as many equal-sized pieces as you like according to the size of pizza you want.
- Form into equal size balls and allow to prove again for at least 30 mins.
- Cut and divide into smaller balls if necessary. Then take any dough balls you aren't ready to use, wrap in cling film then freeze.
- Shape with a rolling pin first, then your hands. Make sure the middle is thinner by working outwards with your fingers. Transfer to a baking tray or pizza stone..
- Add your favourite toppings and herbs while on the tray.
- Cook at 220°C/gas mark 7 (425°F) on the bottom shelf of the oven, for approximately 15-25 minutes (rotating the tray halfway through) or until the crust is golden brown.
Dough Pizzeria, an Authentic Neapolitan style pizza restaurant, creates delectable, delicious Italian dishes San Antonio, Texas and Dallas Texas. Pizza Hut food delivery and carryout pizza is hot, fast, and reliable! Find Pizza Hut coupons, online pizza deals and more at PizzaHut.com or on our mobile app. You can also call your local Mexia Pizza Hut at to order your favorite boneless chicken wings, Meat Lover's® Pizza, Tuscani® Meaty Marinara Pasta & more! Folded pizza dough with seasoned ricotta,mozzarella & pizza toppings.