Chewy and Soft Pizza Dough. Jay thank you so much for an EXCELLENT thick, pan type pizza crust, that was crisp on the outside and chewy/tender on the inside! The only personal perference additions I did were: I added Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder along with the salt/oil. The best flour for making Homemade Pizza Dough.
That is what gives the dough a stretchy elasticity resulting in the crust having a chewy characteristic. Mixing the Ingredients This dough results in a pizza with a thin crust and a puffy, chewy cornicione (which is the fancy Italian term for the edge of crust around the rim). It's just flour, water, salt, and yeast. You can have Chewy and Soft Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chewy and Soft Pizza Dough
- Prepare 210 grams of Bread flour.
- It’s 90 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 195 grams of Lukewarm water (about 35-36℃).
- It’s 7 grams of Natural yeast (or fresh yeast).
- It’s 15 grams of Sugar.
- You need 2 grams of Salt.
But there are a few tricks to getting it right. Pout dough onto baking sheet and spread out. Crispy on the outside, chew on the inside! The most Perfect Pizza Crust you could possibly think of.
Chewy and Soft Pizza Dough step by step
- Sprinkle the yeast granules into the lukewarm water. The yeast will sink if the water temperature is too cold or too hot..
- Add the salt, dry ingredients, and sugar in the pan of the bread machine. If the salt touches the yeast directly, the power of the yeast will weaken. So add the salt at the bottom..
- Once the yeast from Step 1 has soaked for about 5 minutes, gently stir, to dissolve the yeast with a spoon, and pour it into the pan..
- Chose the "pizza dough setting" on the bread machine and press start. When the bread machine beeps to let you know it is done, take it out of the pan. Dust a working surface with some flour to prevent it from sticking..
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces, and roll into balls. Let it rest for 10 minutes. Cover the bowl, so the dough does not dry up..
- The dough is done!! Make pizza with your favorite toppings..
- You don't need to use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. Simply lift up one of the edges of the dough, and it will start stretching with gravity..
- "Chestnut, Walnut and Cream Cheese Fall Pizza". It can be a dessert pizza or an accompaniment for a glass of wine. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/158972-autumn-pizza-with-chestnut-walnut-and-cream-cheese-pizza.
- "Eggplant, Bacon and Cheese Pizza". The bite-sized cheese and eggplant is excellent. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/159164-delicious-eggplant-bacon-cheese-pizza.
- "Bacon, Green Beans, and Cherry Tomatoes Pizza". The fresh texture of the cherry tomato is great. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/159366-bacon-green-beans-and-cherry-tomato-pizza.
Chewy on the inside, lightly crisp on the outside. A whole week has passed, the weekend is here, and most importantly…. Simple ingredients and technique in this dough make your pizza crust authentic, crispy and chewy just like your favorite NY brick oven joint. Pizza dough is the foundation and every great pizza begins with a great pizza crust. Some like thin and crisp pizza crust, while others prefer thick and soft pizza crust.