Deep dish breakfast pizza. Fold under excess dough; pinch edges. You can easily make homemade dough but when you are short on time a store bought dough is your best friend! Since we're making deep dish, spread the dough into an oiled cast or ovenproof pan.
Everyone loves a good layered deep dish Chicago style pizza, so after visiting Chi town and trying one for the first time, it was a no brainer to breakfast-ify this classic. You get a savoury and salty breakfast sausage base, with a light and fluffy egg filling, topped with salty bacon and crunchy green onions. Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza: Please bear with me as this is my first ever Instructable! You can have Deep dish breakfast pizza using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep dish breakfast pizza
- You need 1 large of cast iron or oven safe skillet.
- You need 1/2 lb of sausage.
- You need 1 lb of bacon.
- Prepare 1 dozen of eggs.
- You need 2 cup of cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 cup of gravy.
- Prepare 1 box of pizza crust mix.
I won't go into much detail in the preparation of ingredients, consider it more like a guide of how to put one of these pizzas together. That is kind of how I do things when I cook anyway,. For this Deep Dish Breakfast Pizza recipe I used shredded mozzarella and cheddar, as well as a Double Cheddar cheese sauce. The cheese sauce is what makes this recipe POP, as you will see when you bite into your slice.
Deep dish breakfast pizza instructions
- Prep your ingredients. Fry bacon, sausage, and scramble eggs. Make gravy ( I make mine with the grease from frying sausage), and make dough according to package directions..
- Once dough is ready, grease skillet with bacon grease..
- Press dough into bottom of pan and up sides. Bake according to directions. Mine called for 8-10 minutes on 450..
- Cover bottom with gravy..
- Layer on eggs, crumbles sausage, and bacon. I know I said 1lb of bacon, but that much never makes on the pizza. It always seems to disappear..
- Spread cheddar cheese over top and bake until melted..
- Allow to cool before serving. My family loves it served with fried potatoes and extra gravy..
All of that cheese, incorporated with some of your favorite breakfast meats, makes this pizza very fulfilling. Combine the yeast, water and honey in a small bowl. Sausage, bacon, veggies, and eggs baked onto a fabulous keto pizza crust! I don't know about you, but I could eat pizza for every meal. I LOVE pizza, but it is definitely not keto-friendly.