Onion Burgers. Working quickly, spread onions evenly over cooking burgers and press down to embed onions into meat. Carefully flip burgers with a stiff spatula, making sure to pick up all browned meat from skillet. With the side of a spatula, push the burgers into a semblance of a round.
Makes six, moist and flavorful burgers. If you love burgers with onion, then this Oklahoma fried onion burgers recipe is a state classic that combines great savory flavor with a succulent and juicy ground beef burger patty. This home burger recipe is a favorite for a reason and is a great way to make delicious tasting burgers or sliders that can equal or beat any fast-food. You can have Onion Burgers using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Onion Burgers
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 2 of small yellow onions.
- It’s 1 package of dry onion soup mix.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 3 slices of american cheese.
- Prepare 3 of onion buns.
In a small bowl, combine onion and salad dressing. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Add onion soup, stir and cook until meat mixture is thickened and most of the liquid is absorbed. Spread mustard and mayonnaise, to taste, on bread.
Onion Burgers step by step
- Chop onion into smallish pieces and put in a nonstick skillit with butter on medium high, season with a pinch of salt, and cook untill brown. Set aside..
- Mix beef, soup mix, onion powder, egg, salt and pepper in a bowl until combined..
- Form into 3 1/3 lb pattys and cook on medium high untill cooked through..
- Put a slice of cheese on top of each and place on an onion bun..
- Top with grilled onions and your favorite condiments. A sweet vidalia onion sauce is great if you want more onion..
Spoon the ground beef mixture onto bread and top with onion. Nothing better than burgers and onions, only these burgers have the chopped onions tucked inside. To make them even more decadent, serve on an onion roll. Spread bun bottoms with dressing; top each with lettuce, tomato, onion and a burger. In a large mixing bowl add the ground beef, soup mix, and water.