Pizza Dough. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results!
See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. You can cook Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- Prepare 2 Cups of 00 Flour or Bread Flour.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of 00 Flour or Bread Flour.
- It’s 1 Cup of Warm Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 3/4 tsp of Active Dry Yeast.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of fine Sea Salt.
Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Want to make your own pizza dough? Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil.
Pizza Dough instructions
- In Stand Mixer, combine 2 Cups plus 2 Tbsp of flour..
- In a bowl, mix warm water, olive oil and yeast..
- Turn on stand mixer to mix/knead. Setting 3/4 on most KitchenAid stand mixers. Add water mixture to flour and salt. Knead for 3 minutes..
- Let mixture rest for 15 minutes..
- Knead again for 3 minutes..
- Cut dough in half. Shape into balls and place in oiled bowls. Cover with plastic cling wrap and let rise for 2-3 hours at room temperature undisturbed. Note: can be placed in refrigerator for 3-4 days or frozen for a month. Must be room temperature to shape into pizza..
Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Thank you Martha, my new to go too.