Burger Cookies. Available for ordering online or at local retailers. Berger's is committed to the health and safety of our customers and employees. As always, our bakery takes rigorous steps to ensure the safety of our products.
These cake-like cookies are piled with thick, rich chocolate icing — the thicker the better. Legendary in Baltimore, Berger cookies are a regional treat that has grown in popularity around the country. Relatively simple in composition, these cookies are quite unique among commercial cookies—the pastry itself is similar in texture to a cake or a biscuit. You can cook Burger Cookies using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Burger Cookies
- Prepare 1 of pouch(1lb. 1.5oz.) sugar cookie mix.
- You need 3 tbsp of a.p flour.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Butter, softened.
- You need 1 of egg.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Flaked coconut.
- Prepare 1 of Few drops of green food coloring.
- You need 1/2 cup of Vanilla frosting (I used the store bought kind).
- You need 16 of Chocolate covered Peppermint Patties ( I used mini York Peppermint Patties).
- Prepare 1 of 4.25 oz. Red decorating icing (I used Betty Crocker).
- Prepare 1 of 4.25oz. Yellow decorating icing.
- Prepare 1 tsp of honey.
- You need 1 tsp of water.
- It’s 2 tsp of Sesame seeds.
Sweetened and flavored with vanilla extract, the cakey cookie has a tenderness and savory quality that can be attributed to the. Beat butter, baking powder, salt and vanilla until combined. Add sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Burger Cookies step by step
- Heat oven to 375.
- In mixing bowl stir cookie mix, flower, butter, and egg until soft dough forms. Shape into 30 to 1 inch balls. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until set and edges are golden brown.
- Right when they come out of the oven flatten half of them. Those will be the bottom bun. Cool completely.
- In small zip top bag place coconut and food coloring. Close bag. Mix all together until coconut is tinted green.
- In a small bowl mix honey and water..
- Now to make the cookies take one of the flattened cookies, spread a little bit of the vanilla frosting, then place 1 peppermint patty on the frosting, pipe a little red icing, then yellow, sprinkle a little coconut, top with rounded cookie. Next brush a little bit of honey mixture on and sprinkle with sesame seeds..
Berger's is committed to the health and safety of our customers and employees. As always, our bakery takes rigorous steps to ensure the safety of our products. We are working to continue to provide our customers with a safe, quality product. Berger Cookies are handmade in a small factory in the Cherry Hill neighborhood of Baltimore. Top each wafer with a peppermint patty.