Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Chicago-Style Deep Dish Pizza with Sausage & Pepperoni. Back in in my college days my dad would send me six packs of Lou Malnoti's pizzas.
Ahh the age-old debate – Chicago-style vs. The biggest differences lie in the crust. New York pizza is known for thin, crispy crust topped with a thin layer of tomato sauce, cheese and assorted toppings while Chicago-style pizza features a thick crust with an inch-deep smothering of tomato sauce, cheese and toppings. You can cook Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza
- Prepare of almond meal /flour.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Prepare of dried basil.
- Prepare of dried oregano.
- You need of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need of eggs.
- You need of EVOO.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of small onion, chopped finely.
- It’s of small bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s of pizza sauce.
- Prepare of sliced pepperoni.
Combine flour, salt and cream of tartar in the bowl of a stand mixer. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add all-purpose flour and oil; beat until smooth. Slow Cooker Deep Dish Pizza- This Chicago-Style deep dish pizza is so easy to make in the crock pot.
Chicago-style Deep-Dish Pepperoni Pizza step by step
- Preheat oven to 375°F..
- In med. bowl, combine almond meal/flour, salt, basil, oregano and 1/2 c cheese..
- In small bowl, whisk eggs, 2 T oil and water. Add to almond meal/flour mixture and mix well..
- Coat a 9"pie plate with 2 T oil. Evenly spread dough in pan and up the sides at least 1". Bake for 20 min..
- In a skillet, heat 2 T oil and cook onion and peppers until softened..
- Remove crust from oven and top with sauce, onion/pepper mix, pepperoni and 1/2 c cheese. Drizzle 1/4 c oil on top and bake 10 min. or until cheese melts..
Lots of cheese, sausage, and pepperoni make this crock pot pizza hard to resist. Until I tried this recipe, I had no idea pizza could be made in a slow cooker. My husband loves a good pepperoni pizza and bacon is his favorite food, so I add both to my Chicago-style pizza. These go on top of the cheese and before the sauce. A little grated parmesan to finish things up and we've got ourselves one damn tasty copycat Chicago deep dish pizza.