Crispy chicken burger. This crispy chicken burger is one of my hands down favourite recipes to date. Honestly, it kinda reminds me of a chicken burger from a local fried chicken place….a copycat 'Big Mary' if you will. When you order this chicken burger it comes with one pickle slice on top of the bun.
These crispy chicken burgers are the ultimate in comfort food. Using my secret recipe for making the perfect Crispy Chicken, served on a toasted brioche bun, with jalapenos, homemade honey-mustard coleslaw and crunchy lettuce. Crispy panko chicken burger with a delicious orange honey mustard sauce beats all the chicken burgers or chicken sandwiches out there. You can have Crispy chicken burger using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy chicken burger
- It’s 1 of skinless chicken breast.
- It’s 2 cups of buttermilk.
- Prepare 2 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of hot chilli.
- It’s 1 of and a 1/12 cups plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of paprika.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of chicken salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cracked pepper.
The panko makes for an extra crispy bread crumb and the chicken is just so juicy. Drizzle with a sweet and spicy orange honey mustard sauce, top with creamy avocado and fresh tomatoes, stuff it into a bun and dance your happy food dance. In bowl,add vinegar,mustard paste,garlic powder,white pepper powder,red chilli powder, worcestershire sauce and salt,mix well. Prepare Crispy Chicken: Pound chicken thigh pieces with the help of the kitchen hammer or meat mallet.
Crispy chicken burger instructions
- Tenderize the chicken breast until it is at an even thickness and cut/trim off any bits of fat or gristle..
- Place buttermilk, crushed garlic and whole chopped chilli in a bowl – mix thoroughly and allow the chicken to sit in the mixture for at least 30mins in the fridge..
- While the chicken is marinading place the flour, herbs and spices in a shallow dish and mix together (the mixture should have a reddish tinge from the paprika) – this will be used to coat your chicken..
- After the chicken has soaked for 30 minutes remove it from the fridge and begin to coat it with your flour mixture..
- Drain off any excess buttermilk and coat the chicken evenly – I repeated the method twice, dipping it in the buttermilk again and re-coating for extra crispiness..
- Heat oil in a fry pan(oil should fill the pan half full) – once sufficiently heated turn down the heat to low-medium and place the coated chicken breast in the pan..
- Cook the chicken until golden brown and crispy on each side and set aside to cool for a few minutes..
- Serve on your choice of bread with tomato, rocket, red onion, a dash of aioli & goats cheese..
In a bowl,add all-purpose flour,chicken powder,garlic powder,red chilli powder and mix well. One minute before taking the chicken out of the oven, pop the halved burger buns, cut-side up on a baking tray and toast. Spread a little of the spicy mayo on each bun, top with shredded lettuce, then the crispy chicken, gherkins, avocado and a little more of the spicy mayo. Remove the chicken pieces from the buttermilk and dredge in the seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Topped with crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, and lettuce, this burger is a twist on one of your favorite sandwiches.