Hamburger steaks. An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika.
Add onions to pan and Saute. Remove patties and onions from pan. Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy. You can cook Hamburger steaks using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger steaks
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground hamburger.
- It’s 1/2 packages of crackers broke up.
- It’s 1 each of egg.
- Prepare 1 pinch of pepper.
- It’s 1 of teaspoon of dried mustard.
- Prepare 1 of teaspoon of garlic.
- Prepare 2 packages of brown gravy.
- Prepare 3 cup of water.
Complete, step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe for making Hamburger Steak with Onions and Gravy. See just how easy this is to make at home. You'll find the printable recipe at the bottom of the instructions. It's an old favorite, southern style, comfort food.
Hamburger steaks instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Be sure to check your gravy packages but mine says 3 total cups of water add water n mix to saucepan boil till gravy is thick set aside.
- Mix all ingredients till mixed make pattys place in baking pan and pour gravy over place in oven bake for 45 minutes or till meat is done.
The smart cooking sidekick that learns what you like and customizes the experience to your personal tastes, nutritional needs, skill level, and more. Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove steaks to a plate and set aside (do not worry if they are cooked through, they will finish cooking in the gravy). In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, crackers, milk, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Watch me make these Hamburger Steaks w/ Onion Gravy from start to finish!