Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge. This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level.
Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker's peel dusted with cornmeal. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. You can cook Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge
- You need 300 gm of all-purpose flour, divided into 2. Have extra for dusting.
- Prepare 2 1/4 of teaspoonInstant yeast.
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/8-1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder/or dry basil leaves (optional).
- You need 2 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- It’s 3/4 cup of warm water.
Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Beat well until a stiff dough has formed. Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl.
Home Made Pizza Dough #4WeekChallenge step by step
- Combine 150gm of flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl. (add garlic powder and dried basil at this point as well.).
- Add olive oil and warm water and use a wooden spoon to stir well..
- Gradually add another 1 cup (125g) of flour. Add any additional flour as needed. The dough will be slightly sticky but still should be manageable in your hands..
- Drizzle a separate, large, clean bowl generously with olive oil and brush up the sides of the bowl..
- Lightly dust your hands with flour and form your pizza dough into a round ball and transfer to your olive oil-brushed bowl. Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place..
- Allow dough to rise for 30 minutes or until doubled in size. Once the dough has risen, use your hands to gently deflate it and transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead briefly until smooth. 3 to 5 minutes should do..
- Use either your hands or a rolling pin to work the dough into 12" circle. Transfer dough a pre greased pizza pan and either pinch the edges or fold them over to form a crust..
- Drizzle additional olive oil over the top of the pizza and brush the entire surface of the pizza with oil. Use a fork to poke holes all over the surface of the pizza. This keeps the dough from bubbling up..
- Bake in Preheated oven for 3 to 5 minutes. Just until the dough firms up and you can easily add your toppings. NOTE I pre bake my crust coz I totally can not stand the taste of 'wet crust'. On essence, you can add your toppings and bake right away.
Use your hands to roll the pizza dough along the inside of the bowl until it is coated in olive oil, then cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and place it in a warm place. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil. You'll use the dough hook on your stand mixer to combine the ingredients before. -When making Homemade Pizza Dough be sure to knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. -Let it rise in a lightly oiled bowl (make sure to turn the dough in the bowl so it gets covered lightly in oil), cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a clean large kitchen cloth. Pizza crust, like homemade bagels, artisan bread, and focaccia, requires a lean dough. A lean dough doesn't use eggs or butter.