Juicy Hamburger Steaks. These burgers are meatballs or meatloaf in burger shape and grilled. A classic, juicy Hamburger Recipe made with ground chuck, a simple burger seasoning, and all of the classic burger toppings. Plus, tips for preparing the meat and cooking the burgers to they are tender and juicy!
An easy-to-make classic featuring tasty hamburger 'steaks' smothered in gravy and onions. Traditionally served with hot white rice or potatoes, it's a great way to dress up a pound of ground beef and you probably have all the ingredients on hand! Feel free to play around with the usual formula, but. You can have Juicy Hamburger Steaks using 12 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Juicy Hamburger Steaks
- Prepare 300 grams of Ground beef and pork mix.
- It’s 1/4 of Onion.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Panko.
- Prepare 1 medium of Egg.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Miso.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Mayonnaise.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- You need 1 dash of Pepper.
- You need 1 dash of Nutmeg.
- It’s 1 of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 200 ml of Boiling water.
- You need 1 of of each Mixed vegetables (potatoes, carrots, etc).
The best hamburger recipes are made with nothing more than beef, salt and pepper. I'm talking the ones you get from good steakhouses and diners. A great crust on the outside, juicy, beef and tender on the inside. Homemade hamburgers are made for piling on toppings of choice.
Juicy Hamburger Steaks step by step
- Add miso, mayonnaise, salt, and pepper to the ground meat, and knead about 100 times until the texture becomes light and fluffy..
- Add the panko, finely chopped onions, eggs, and nutmeg, and knead 100 more times..
- Tip: The patties will hold its shape if you don't add liquids such as milk..
- Divide into 3 patties, toss them back and forth in your hands like playing catch to remove trapped air pockets, shape them, and flatten to a 2 cm thickness..
- Let the hamburgers sit in the fridge for about 15 minutes after molding, and boil water during this time..
- Thinly slice the accompanying vegetables into 1 cm thickness. This time I used eggplant and shimeji mushrooms because it is fall..
- Add vegetable oil to a preheated pan, and brown the patties on both sides for 1 1/2 minutes covered with a lid..
- Tip: Don't heat the pan too much when browning on the first side (this is to prevent it from cracking).
- Tip: Immediately cover with a lid after placing the hamburgers in the pan..
- Turn off the heat momentarily and remove the patties, add the accompanying vegetables and place the hamburgers on top, and then pour enough water to cover the vegetables..
- Once you get used to making these, then you can just place them on the spatula instead of taking them out on a different plate..
- Cover with a lid and steam-fry over medium heat for 8 minutes, and they are done if they spring back when pressing lightly down on the center..
- Add whatever sauce you like. This time I used the onion dressing frommixed with equal parts of sugar and soy sauce for the sauce..
I must mention that hamburger steaks are typically made with regular ground beef, but the one I'm demonstrating here uses something called "Prime Rib Steakburger." I found it on sale and had to give it a try. I made this one hamburger steak with the entire pound of ground meat. It turned out really juicy and had great flavor. Butter is readily available, affordable, and adds moisture and fat to beef — making for a tender, juicy burger. (Image credit: Joe Lingeman) Key Steps for Juicy Burger Patties. Use cold butter and grate it.