Moms Taco Salad. The Fritos and taco seasoned beef, combine perfectly with the sweet and tangy flavor of the Catalina Dressing for a flavorful taco salad everyone enjoys. Mom's Frito Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing. We have a family get together planned on Sunday at my sister-in-law's house and have been asked to bring a dish.
In a sauté pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the ground meat and taco seasoning and cook until done, stirring around frequently to break up any large bits of meat. Frito Taco Salad is a classic meatless taco salad that is full of lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, chili beans and crunchy fritos. You can have Moms Taco Salad using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Moms Taco Salad
- Prepare 1 lbs of hamburger meat.
- It’s 1 packet of taco seasoning.
- Prepare 1 of large can of dark red Kiney beans raised and drained.
- It’s 2-3 of large tomatoes cut up.
- Prepare 1 bag of Mexican taco cheese (about 3 cups).
- It’s 1 head of lettuce.
- Prepare 1 bottle of French dressing (or western dressing).
- It’s 1 bag of nacho cheese Doritos (crushed).
Sweet and tangy Catalina dressing tops off this salad. This makes a great dinner salad, especially during the Spring and Summer. I've seen variations of this taco salad floating around and recently I was just craving it. My Mom made this version for us growing up and I loved it.
Moms Taco Salad instructions
- Brown hamburger meat (I used my instant pot).
- Drain hamburger meat add taco seasoning packet following directions on package. Let hamburger meat cool I set it in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut up tomatoes in bite size pieces, cut up all the lettuce.
- Drain and rinse kidney beans.
- Crush up bag of Doritos up a little.
- Hamburger must be completely cool or it will melt the cheese you don’t want the cheese to melt..
- In a big bowl add the meat, tomatoes, kidney beans, cheese..
- If you are severing this right away Add the all lettuce, chips, and French dressing. If you are not severing this right away then wait to add the rest of the ingredients till you are ready to sever it. If you don’t it gets soggy.
- You don’t have to use all of the dressing, I use about more than half of a bottle, it Depends on how dry or wet you want it..
- You can also add Banana peppers, jalapeño peppers, hot sauce when making Single plates..
- This is a eat the same day recipe, it don’t hold good for the next day, the chips and lettuce gets soggy. It a great dish for summer bbq or a meal all on its own..
It's simple to pull together with some basic ingredients plus an extra or two that you might need to pick up at the store. But why this mom really loves taco salad is because it is a healthier way to enjoy tacos and my entire family enjoys it! Score for a winning family meal! My version of taco salad features a creamy, spicy dressing, tons of fresh veggies, and of course taco meat. Moms Taco Salad step by step.