Pizza dough. Get Access To Daily Recipes, Tips, Product Recommendations & So Much More! We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level.
Quick and easy pizza dough, no kneading required. See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. Want to make your own pizza dough? You can have Pizza dough using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pizza dough
- You need 5 cups of dough (1 litre).
- Prepare 1 packet of instant yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 2 cups of luke warm water.
Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success. The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients.
Pizza dough step by step
- Take about 5 cups flour in a bowl and create a hole in the centre.
- Add the yeast, sugar, salt and oil in the centre of the flour.
- Slowly and gradually add the water to the flour to form a medium hard dough. Dont worry if it's hard since it will soften as the dough rises.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes to make a smooth texture then cover with a plastic.
- The longer you leave the dough the better it rises when cooking. Best is overnight for better results.
- Roll out the dough to preferred size and add ingredients as desired.
- Preheat the oven to 220-230°C for about 10-15 mins.
- If you add semolina to the base of the pizza before cooking it helps avoid sticking and adds a great taste to the pizza.
- Then cook the pizza for about 10-15 minutes until the dough rises and the cheese melts.
- You can also freeze your pizzas to eat it ready whenever you feel lazy to cook.
- All you have to do is cook it for 5-7 mins until the dough rises but not fully cooked.
Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner. Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe.