Burger on a Bun. Burger on a Bun is the fifth episode of Marvin, Marvin. A hamburger (also burger for short) is a sandwich consisting of one or more cooked patties of ground meat, usually beef, placed inside a sliced bread roll or bun. The patty may be pan fried, grilled, smoked or flame broiled.
To make a potato bun for a burger, a portion of the necessary wheat flour is substituted with potato flour. The result is more or less similar to standard white bread, but with a yellower color and denser texture. Sometimes it carries a faint potato taste as well. You can cook Burger on a Bun using 20 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Burger on a Bun
- Prepare of Buns.
- Prepare 3-1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoon of yeast.
- You need 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of butter softened.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of Coating oil.
- It’s As needed of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of Burger patties.
- You need 2-1/4 pound of ground beef.
- It’s 1-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of liquid smoke.
- Prepare of Eggwash.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoon of water.
- You need of Other.
- Prepare To taste of your favorite condiments.
The dough for the sourdough hamburger buns can be made the day before or early the same day. Shape each piece of dough into a ball, then flatten each ball into a disc of dough. A Luther Burger, or doughnut burger (among several naming variations), is a hamburger or cheeseburger with one or more glazed doughnuts in place of the bun. Big enough to cover a burger and sturdy enough to hold things together, portobello mushroom caps are one of the best burger bun substitutes.
Burger on a Bun instructions
- Mix all the ingredients for the buns together. Knead and form a ball, coat with coating oil. Cover and let rise till doubled in size..
- Mix the water and egg for the eggwash..
- Preheat oven to bake 375° Fahrenheit. Divide the dough into sixths. Form into balls. Put on a baking sheet and bake, for 18-20 minutes. Last 5-7 minutes take out put eggwash on top of buns add bake into the oven, for the remaining cooking time..
- Let them cool..
- Mix the ingredients for the burger patties. Form into 6 patties. These can be made ahead of time..
- Fry the patties in a skillet till desired doneness..
- Build the burger and serve I hope you enjoy!.
Bonus—thanks to their color and shape, they even look like buns! Remove them from the oven, and brush with the remaining melted butter. This will give the buns a satiny, buttery crust. Cool the buns on a rack. There are ways to dress up some of the healthier options to bring that number down considerably (substituting turkey for beef, for instance), but when you start knocking off SmartPoints values, you're also more likely to knock off flavor.