Extremely Juicy! Light and Tender Hamburger Steaks. Whenever I made hamburgers, they always ended up tough. So I studied various recipes, and made these after a lot of experimenting. Adjust the amount of milk added, and knead the meat well until it it's sticky.
But if you're interested in cooking a big ol' steak (and who isn't?), the folks at Tasting Table don't use a measured amount; they just thoroughly rub the meat with baking soda and allow it to rest in the fridge. I wanted to come up with a recipe for hamburger steaks that would remain tender even if they're made in advance, since my husband always comes home late. After several tries, this is the recipe I came up with! -The mayonnaise is important. You can cook Extremely Juicy! Light and Tender Hamburger Steaks using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Extremely Juicy! Light and Tender Hamburger Steaks
- Prepare 300 grams of Mixed ground beef and pork.
- You need 1 of Onion.
- It’s 100 ml of Panko.
- You need 100 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- You need 4 of shakes Nutmeg (optional).
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
Mainly it's because the organic brand that I like comes in these ratios. It actually doesn't matter, as long as the meat you use is nice and fresh. With this juicy burger recipe, you'd never guess they are lean. However, I found the taste very salty and will next time try cutting the salt in half.
Extremely Juicy! Light and Tender Hamburger Steaks step by step
- Finely chop the onions, saute, and let cool..
- Combine the panko, milk, and egg and let soak..
- Add 1 and 2 and the ground meat to a bowl, and knead until it thoroughly sticks together..
- Add nutmeg, and salt and pepper to the ingredients from step 3, and knead some more..
- Take an approximate amount of meat in your hand, use both hands to mold, press in the center, and line up in a pan coated with cooking oil..
- Brown on both sides until golden brown over a medium heat, cover with a lid, and cook for another 8-10 minutes. (They will plump up even further if you add in 50 ml of water)..
- Arrange on a plate, cover with your favorite sauce, and enjoy..
- I made the sauce by using 3 tablespoons of Japanese Worcestershire-style sauce, 2 tablespoons of ketchup, and 50 ml of water..
I had a problem with the burgers breaking apart on the grill even though I only flipped once and had an oiled grill grate and took care not to over-handle the meat with my hands, keeping the beef cold until grilled. The hamburger steaks are very well seasoned. Of course, I didnt measure any of the seasonings because that is what I do. I also didn't have the can of onion soup, so I used a dry onion soup mix and it worked well. Next time I will make sure to get the onion soup in the can.