Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta. Homemade Hamburger Helper, also known as cheesy taco pasta, is a childhood favorite! The original cheeseburger casserole, boxed pasta with a seasoning packet, is a simple one pot meal. Cheesy Taco Pasta is my nod to the hamburger helper I grew up eating as a kid.
Use leftover Grilled Chicken, instead of the ground beef, and toss in with the sauce ingredients. Seasonings: Substitute garlic powder or onion powder for fresh ingredients, add red pepper flakes for a kick, or use Taco Seasoning for a south-of-the-border cheesy pasta dish. Stir in taco seasoning, Rotel, beef broth, and macaroni. You can have Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta
- You need 1 lb. of ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 of small yellow onion, diced.
- You need 2 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of small uncooked pasta.
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of milk.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of each chili powder, ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of each salt, paprika, smoked paprika.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of pepper, garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp. of cornstarch.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese.
Just like Hamburger Helper only a lot healthier! I haven't posted a one-pot meal in a very long time and with school back in session for most, it seemed appropriate. Add the whole thing but don't use the water that's. Homemade Hamburger Helper is sooo much better than the boxed stuff!
Homemade Hamburger Helper – Taco Pasta step by step
- Start out by heating the oil in a large, deep skillet with a tight fitting lid over medium heat. Add the onion and cook about 3-4 minutes. Then add the ground beef and cook until browned through, breaking it up as you go. Drain out any excess fat, if needed. Then add the pasta and milk to the skillet.
- Using a tbsp. of the water you have measured, mix it and the cornstarch together in a small separate bowl to form a slurry. Add the rest of the water to the skillet along with the seasonings and the cornstarch slurry. Stir it all together and wait for it to come to a boil..
- Once it reaches a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover with the lid. Allow to simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10-12 minutes, or until pasta is al dente. Then remove the skillet from the heat and stir in the cheese until it's incorporated in. Place the lid back on and let it sit for 5 or so minutes before serving..
Made with wholesome ingredients and no scary science-sounding additives this is an easy one-pot recipe your whole family will love. Beef, pasta and a savory sauce all simmered together on the stove. Add some cheese and you get a delicious dinner! But it's much healthier and tastes wayyyy better, since it swaps out all of those processed ingredients for real, all-natural ingredients. And just five of them, at that!