Simple thick crust pizza dough. Place dough in greased bowl and cover loosely with plastic wrap and a towel. Punch down several times to remove all air bubbles. Prepare as directed in Pizza Deluxe or for your favorite pizza recipe.
This easy pizza crust recipe can be made thick, thin, or personal sized with whole wheat or gluten free flour. You can make a baked pizza crust or a grilled pizza recipe. Top it with whatever you like for the best dinner, or make a dessert pizza!. You can cook Simple thick crust pizza dough using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Simple thick crust pizza dough
- You need 17 1/2 oz of AP flour.
- It’s 2 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1 packet (7 g) of instant yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of olive oil.
- You need 12 1/4 oz of water.
Never thought you could make HOMEMADE Pizza Dough? YOU CAN NOW, with this recipe! Shape the dough into a ball and transfer to the prepared bowl, turning to coat all sides. Punch the dough down and roll out on a well floured board.
Simple thick crust pizza dough step by step
- Combine flour, salt, yeast, and olive oil and whisk to combine..
- Whisk in the water..
- With a wooden spoon, mix well for about 3 minutes. The dough should be very gooey..
- Cover dough in plastic wrap and set aside for at least 6 hours, but as long as 15 hours is fine, supposedly..
- Preheat the oven to 550F..
- Grease up a baking pan with olive oil. I used a 10" x 14" tray..
- Slide the dough into the pan. Use a greased spoon or spatula to stretch the dough to cover the pan. Try not to push out too much of the gas that's been trapped in the dough..
- Top however you like, and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden toasty brown..
Brush the dough generously with olive oil. Pizza Dough and Crust Recipes Thin and thick pizza crusts made with yeast dough, quick doughs, and all ready for your favorite toppings. Inspiration and Ideas Tips & Tricks Easy Homemade Pizza Dough "This pizza dough produces a very nice pizza crust—flavorful, tender, with just the right amount of chewiness." – Chef John Jay thank you so much for an EXCELLENT thick, pan type pizza crust, that was crisp on the outside and chewy/tender on the inside! The only personal perference additions I did were: I added Italian Seasoning, garlic powder and onion powder along with the salt/oil. This is the easiest, best pizza dough recipe.