Thanksgiving Pizza. Garnish with a little basil, parsley or thyme and some freshly ground black pepper. Super yummy pizza with the flavors of Thanksgiving, perfect for a casual feast any time of year, or using up leftovers. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
This festive Thanksgiving pie is obviously an excellent use for your turkey day leftovers, but it would also make for a great centerpiece dish for your Friendsgiving celebration. Simple Recipes From Thanksgiving Leftovers Turkey leftovers recipes make great use of tasty turkey and sides in pizza, soup and sweet rolls. This collection is stuffed with recipe ideas that set the new standard for all that leftover turkey. You can cook Thanksgiving Pizza using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Pizza
- It’s 1 of pizza crust. i used boboli but you can make your own. thick crust works best.
- Prepare 1 of Turkey.
- You need 1 cup of leftover gravy.
- It’s 1 of Mashed Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 of any other leftovers you may have..
- You need of cheese. I used the traditional mozzarella but cheddar or depending on the leftovers gouda or swiss could work..
Several popular pizza restaurants are closed on Thanksgiving, while others remain open for limited hours. Pizza Hut and Domino's Pizza are both closed, depending on your location, and most. Spread gravy over pizza dough; top with mushroom mixture, turkey, and spoonfuls of mashed potatoes. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and parsley over pizza.
Thanksgiving Pizza instructions
- Fix your crust, preheat your oven to 425.
- Heat up the gravy so it is spreadable. I didn't have any leftover so i used 1 instant gravy packet. Spread it thickly over the crust..
- Add bottom cheese, enough to evenly cover the crust and gravy..
- Cold mashed potatoes are moldable. I rolled mine into sausage shaped balls and spread them evenly over the pizza..
- Add any other leftovers you may have. I had a bacon and Brussel sprouts dish, Stuffing Green Bean Cassarole whatever you have. Cover evenly..
- Generously cover the rest of the pizza with shredded turkey. Light and dark meat works best. Do not skimp..
- Cover the top with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden brown..
- Let the pizza rest 10 minutes, cut and enjoy!.
Transform your Thanksgiving leftovers into this irresistible pizza, with mashed potatoes taking the place of traditional tomato sauce. Cooking in a cast-iron skillet ensures a super-crispy crust. The day before turkey day my brother suggested we get Thanksgiving Pizza from Fellini's since we were not having Turkey on Thursday. Roll out pizza dough in pan. Ladle gravy over pizza dough, sprinkle onions over the gravy.