Foil Burgers. Wrap each packet securely using double-fold seals, allowing room for heat expansion. Combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, barbecue sauce, and garlic powder. Always use caution when opening the packets, because the steam can be very hot.
Cover the burger with a piece of foil to enhance melting. Tent the foil so that it doesn't touch the cheese or top of the burger. Wrap it in order to secure the ingredients. You can cook Foil Burgers using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Foil Burgers
- You need 1/4 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of carrot.
- It’s 2 of red potatoes.
- It’s 1 small of pepper (green or red).
- Prepare 1 small of onion.
- You need dash of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s to taste of salt and pepper.
- It’s of cooking spray.
Obviously, you can cook burgers other ways besides on a grill, but what a mess! I got tired of cleaning up the greasy mess they left on my stove top; and the counter was a mess when I used my griddle. So I decided to try something a little bit different and make these burgers in foil packets and cook them in the oven. On each patty, place potato slices, onion slice, and carrots.
Foil Burgers instructions
- Line a sheet pan with foil – for easy clean-up. Lightly spray with cooking spray. Place ground beef in center of foil..
- Prep veggies. Peel carrots and rinse them and the potatoes. Slice in uniform sizes, so that they all cook for the same time. Thinly slice the pepper and onion..
- Place veggies around beef and add the few dashes of Worchester sauce. Pull sides of foil up to form a package. I didn't have Worchester Sauce so I used a little beef stock..
- Bake in a 350°F oven for about 45 mins. Check for doneness on the veggies and make sure the beef is cooked thru. Depending on the size of the veggies and the thickness of the burger, you may need to adjust your cooking time..
- USE CAUTION when you open the packs up. There will be steam and hot juices. I don't do a lot of peppers and onions, so I leave them off. I make my patties like small meatloaves….I add mushrooms, cheddar and some parmesan, then just fold it over and re-shape it..
Slice bacon in half and place both slices on top. Build each burger (without toppings) on a bun and wrap each burger in aluminum foil. (Just enough to wrap the burger completely. Serve and top with any toppings desired! Hobo Dinner Foil Packets are so simple to make and everyone raves about them! Comforting veggies including potatoes, carrots and onions are topped with a seasoned hamburger patty and grilled or baked to tender perfection.