Pizza Dough. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level. You won't be disappointed with the results!
See the recipe plus a helpful video and have homemade pizza in under an hour. Want to make your own pizza dough? Bobby Flay's got the recipe for success. You can cook Pizza Dough using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pizza Dough
- It’s 1 packages of Active Dry Yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Honey.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Warm Water.
- It’s 3 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
The ingredients in this homemade pizza dough recipe include bread flour, sugar, dry yeast, salt, water and olive oil. Skip store-bought, frozen pizza and make this pizza dough recipe from scratch. Tackling it yourself may seem daunting at first, but making your pizza base at home is economical, fun, and healthy since you control the ingredients. Our best homemade pizza dough yields enough dough to make two pies, or one pizza and four large calzones, so you can get creative with your dinner.
Pizza Dough step by step
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast & honey with a 1/4 cup of the warm water..
- In a mixer with a dough hook, combine the flour & salt. Add the olive oil, yeast mixture, & the remaining of the water. Process until the mixture forms a ball. Mix on low speed until the mixture comes cleanly away from the sides of the bowl & starts to climb up the dough hook..
- Turn the dough out onto a clean work surface & knead by hand for 2 to 3 minutes longer. The dough should be smooth & firm. Place the dough in a large bowl & cover with a clean, damp towel & let rise in a cool spot for about 2 hours..
- Divide the dough into 3 or 4 portions. Wrap each section with a plastic wrap & freeze..
Refrigerated dough will keep several days. It may also be successfully frozen and thawed. Keeping preweighed individual frozen dough balls on hand makes it easy to have pizza whenever you like. (Thaw dough overnight in the refrigerator or leave at room temperature for several hours.) Featured in: Pizza, Made With A Light Hand, California Style. This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Thank you Martha, my new to go too.