Portobello Pizza. Order Your Delivery or Carryout Pizza Online Today! They are so good and give me a healthy alternative to satisfy my pizza cravings! Place mushrooms, stem side down, on a greased baking sheet; drizzle with oil.
I love using vegetables as a base for all kinds of pizza creations. Veggies are obviously an excellent choice , and they happen to be very tasty too! Dress the mushroom caps with liberal drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. You can cook Portobello Pizza using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Portobello Pizza
- It’s 4 of large portobello mushrooms, stems removed.
- It’s 2 T of olive oil, extra for sauteing onion.
- It’s 2 tsp of minced garlic.
- It’s 1/4 C of purple onion, diced small.
- It’s 6 tsp of Italian seasoning, divided.
- You need 3/4 C of pizza sauce.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- It’s slices of Pepperoni, cut to small.
- It’s 6 of cherry tomatoes, sliced thin.
- Prepare to taste of S&P,.
- You need to taste of Crushed red pepper flakes,.
Place mushrooms on baking sheet and toss with with oil, salt, and pepper. Portobellos are not so runny if the gills are removed prior to cooking.. The Portobello Pizza is located in Southampton. You can now order online, all your favourite dishes and many more delicious options, and have them delivered straight to your door in no time at all.
Portobello Pizza step by step
- In a small saucepan, heat olive oil over medium and saute the onion. Set aside..
- Preheat oven to broil/ grill settings on high. Arrange oven shelf to middle of your oven. Combine the 2T oil, garlic and 4 tsp of the seasoning together in a small bowl. Brush the bottom of each mushroom with the garlic oil mix and place each mushroom, oil side down on a lightly greased baking sheet. Put a little of sauteed onions in the mushroom. S&P. Put 2T (eyeball it) of pizza sauce over the onion, 1/4C of mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce and pepperoni and tomato on top of cheese..
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes and broil for 6-8 minutes or until cheese has melted. To serve, sprinkle with some of the remaining seasoning..
- I cooked mine 8 minutes and it nearly burned my pepperoni, so keep your eye on these!.
Here at Portobello Pizza we are constantly striving to improve our service and quality in order to give our customers the very best experience. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place portobello caps open-side up on the sheet. Fill the caps with about ¼ cup of tomato sauce each. Portobello Pizzas have ALL the flavours of a GOOD pizza…without the guilt!