Stewed Hamburgers. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and onion. Brown burgers in large skillet until cooked through.
Next, add water to almost cover the burgers. Serve on a hamburger or kaiser roll, top with cheese, stewed onions and condiments of your choice. Form into small, flat patties and fry until done. You can cook Stewed Hamburgers using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stewed Hamburgers
- You need 500 g of Lean Beef Mince OR Beef & Pork Mince.
- Prepare 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of 'Panko' Bread Crumbs.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Parsley *finely chopped.
- You need of Salt & Pepper as required.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of Potato Starch Flour.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of Beef Stock *Water 1 cup and Beef Stock Cube.
- It’s 1/4-1/3 cup of Tomato Ketchup.
- You need 2-3 tablespoons of 'Tonkatsu' Sauce *or Worcestershire Sauce.
Stewed Hamburgers This is a recipe for my children who loved this dish when they were young. This is one of the dishes that bring back their childhood memories. I learned this dish from a dietician who was working for a school lunch centre. The primary school I was teaching was so isolated and too far from the district's lunch centre.
Stewed Hamburgers instructions
- Combine Beef Mince, finely chopped Onion, Panko, Egg and finely chopped Parsley. Season with Salt & Pepper and form into 8 patties..
- Coat the patties with Potato Starch Flour very well. This will create jelly like layer around the humburgers and thicken the sauce..
- Heat Oil in a frying pan over low to medium heat, brown the burgers on both sides. The insides can be still raw at this stage..
- Add Beef Stock, Tomato Ketchup and Tonkatsu Sauce and mix the liquid ingredients well, then cover with a lid and cook, occasionally turning, for ten minutes or until cooked through and the sauce is thickened..
Mix macaroni and hamburger with tomato soup and stewed tomatoes. In a Dutch oven, cook beef and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the tomatoes, carrots, celery, potatoes, water, rice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high. Using a slotted spoon, transfer beef mixture to a bowl lined with paper towels.