Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. To improve the nutritional profile of pizza, use half whole-wheat and half all-purpose flour, which yields a light crust with a distinctive nutty taste. Use a food processor, stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment or your hands to mix the dough. Mix whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, yeast, sugar, and salt in a large bowl using a spoon.
So easy and great for our fmaily of pizza lovers. I even tried freezing the individual pizza shells between layers of parchment paper WITHOUT freezing them seperately first, and it worked just fine.be careful when unpeeling the paper from the frozen shells, but this does save one more step for you busy cooks! All whole wheat pizza dough recipes are different, but they typically all have the same ingredients: whole wheat flour, yeast, water, salt, oil, and some may have sugar. You can have Whole Wheat Pizza Dough using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of All purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Garlic salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Honey.
- You need 1 cup of Lukewarm water.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Olive oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Semolina.
Here is the breakdown of what I use in my own recipe. A slight amount of sugar is used to proof the yeast in the first step. In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the ingredients until evenly combined. This recipe gives a soft textured pizza base crust and one which is crisp from outside after getting baked.
Whole Wheat Pizza Dough instructions
- In mixing bowl add yeast, honey, olive oil and water. Whisk together and set aside..
- In medium bowl add whole wheat flour, all purpose flour, salt and garlic salt. Mix..
- Add flour mix to yeast mix. Use hook attachment on low setting. Once dough begins to pull off the sides remove hook. Cover bowl with towel and set aside until doubles in size..
- Use semolina on counter to shape dough. Add desired toppings and bake 15 minutes at 400°F on a pizza stone or baking sheet..
There is no denseness or chewiness felt in the pizza bread crust. Whisk water, sugar, oil and yeast in a liquid measuring cup or small bowl. This homemade, yeasted whole-wheat pizza dough requires only one rising, not two, so it's quicker to make than you might suspect. Although bread flour provides more gluten to help the dough maintain its elasticity when shaped and baked, we tested the recipe with all-purpose flour and had good results. This sturdy dough was developed for grilled pizzas, but it can be used in any pizza recipe.