Hamburger Soup. In a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth and water. This is an excellent basic soup.
It's meaty and hearty and flavorful and satisfying. It just feels good to eat it. A delicious conglomerate of beef and vegetables in a rich tomato soup. You can cook Hamburger Soup using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Soup
- It’s 2 T of EVOO.
- It’s 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of carrots, sliced.
- Prepare 1 of bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 2 of ribs celery, halved lengtgwise abd sliced.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It’s 1 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 4 c of beef stock.
- It’s 3 T of coconut flour.
I made this regularly when my kids were growing up. We ate a lot of ground beef because it was economical. This was an invention of mine while looking for another way to cook hamburger. I served it with cornbread or crackers.
Hamburger Soup step by step
- In large skillet heat oil. Cook onion, carrots, pepper and celery stirring until starts soften..
- Add beef and cook 3 min. until barely pink. Add seasoning and salt and cook 1 min..
- Pour in stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in coconut flour and simmer for 10 min. or until veggies are softened..
In a large pot over medium-high heat, heat oil. This soup can be made in the slow cooker instead of on the stove top. Follow the first four steps of the recipe, then place the ground beef and vegetable mixture in a crock pot along with the tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef broth, potatoes and Italian seasoning. This hamburger soup is a quick meal when you need it, but it tastes like it has been tucked away on the stove for hours. The key ingredient is, of course, hamburger.