Hamburger Stroganoff. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add soup and remaining ingredients except sour cream. Stir in sour cream and parsley, chives or dill.
Hamburger stroganoff is a great way to enjoy beef stroganoff but without breaking the bank. Instead of using strips of top sirloin, we use ground beef. The main advantage of ground beef is clearly budget, and if worked properly you can also have wonderful flavor. You can have Hamburger Stroganoff using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Stroganoff
- Prepare 1.5 lbs of lean ground beef.
- It’s 1 lb of mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 of a bell pepper chopped.
- You need 1 of small onion diced.
- You need of Salt, pepper, onion and garlic powders, season well and season all the layers.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2-2 cups of milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 package of wide egg noodles, boiled.
Well the storm's a brewing in MN once again….this Hamburger Stroganoff, or others might call it Ground Beef Stroganoff, is the perfect meal to cozy up to when its blustery out. In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup and pepper. Ground beef recipes are a time-pressed cook's favorite go-to options for weeknight dinners.
Hamburger Stroganoff instructions
- In a large skillet, on medium high heat, brown the meat. Add the mushrooms and continue to brown. Add the peppers and continue to brown. Add the onion and continue to brown. Should be getting good and crusty. Add the flour and stir. Add the milk and stir. Let it bubble and thicken and remove from heat..
- Boil your noodles in salted water til done to your likeness. Save a little pasta water..
- Combine noodles with meat mixture and combine. Add sour cream and mix in. I love green onions with everything so I finish in my bowl with sour cream and green onions. Cheap cheap cheap but so good!.
The fast-cooking, hearty protein is ready to go in just five to seven minutes. Create a fast stroganoff sauce with beef broth and Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour, stir in sour cream, and dinner is served. This ground-beef version of beef stroganoff calls for onions, tomato paste, mushrooms, and garlic. It can be made on top of the stove or in a slow cooker. By Luann Charity; Best Ever Russian Beef Stroganoff.