Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner. I am not a meatloaf fan (I have not made a meatloaf for dinner here). It sounds similar to a basil burger recipe that I do make, minus the milk, plus a few other ingredients. Next time, try using homemade breadcrumbs.
Meat loaf is a tough sell in any case scenario. Freeze it and serve it alongside colorless green beens and a chocolate nut brownie, though, and you've got. It was a very dark time. by Sophie Gadd. You can cook Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner
- Prepare of ● For The Meatloaf Mixture.
- You need 1 Pound of Fresh Lean Ground Pork.
- It’s 1 Pound of 80/20 Fresh Ground Hamburger.
- Prepare 2 Cups of Italian Bread Crumbs.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Dehydrated Onions.
- Prepare 2 of LG Egglands Best Eggs.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Whole Milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Garlic Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Granulated Onion Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Au Jus Extract.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Better Than Bouillon.
- It’s 1 Package of McCormick Meatloaf Seasoning.
- You need of ● For The EZ Mashed Potatoes.
- You need 2 of Trays Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes [the best brand out there].
- You need 2 Jars of Heinz Homestyle Brown Gravy.
- It’s of ● For The EZ Sweet Corn.
- It’s 2 Cans of Del Monte Sweet Corn.
- You need 1 tbsp of Dried Parsley.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Dried Rosemary.
- It’s 1/8 Cup of Sweet Salted Butter.
- You need of ● For The Options.
- It’s of Thick Sliced Garlic Bread.
- Prepare of Side Salads.
On the menu, was Ditka's favorite entree…the Coach's Stack. It was meat loaf and mashed potatoes on top of cornbread with BBQ sauce and onion rings on top. My dad ordered it and was in heaven. At all times, a fixed-price dinner costs less than ordering a la carte.
Mike's 1970's Meatloaf Dinner step by step
- Mix everything together well. Pack meat in a translucent pan tightly. No air gaps. Create wells to the sides just in case any fat wants to boil over. Dash top with black pepper, garlic and onion powder..
- Bake meatloaf at 350° for 1.5 hours. Allow meatloaf to stand for 5 minutes prior to serving. Top with hot gravy..
- Au Jus extract pictured..
- Season and heat your corn..
- Heat your gravy as well. Back in the day, our mothers used packet gravy. I would not recommend it unless you really like a heavy salt content..
- Heat your mashed potatoes. Man oh man is this a good brand! You'll want this! No mess – no fuss!.
- Garlic bread pictured. Just oven heat as per manufacturer's directions..
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve piping hot. Enjoy!.
Retro recipe for a potato-cheese frosted meatloaf. Second, the meat is mixed with soy protein to maximize your meat without minimizing the protein. I made my meatloaf the night prior, chilled it and yanked the rest of my ingredients from the pantry just prior to baking. This fast-cooking meatloaf is the perfect quick and easy dinner recipe. Ingredients you'll need for this meatloaf are ketchup, milk, breadcrumbs.