Black Bean & Avocado Burgers. The health benefits of black beans may include maintaining healthy bones, lowering blood pressure, managing diabetes, and warding off heart disease. Black beans are a legume that is full of protein. Season with cilantro, cayenne, and salt.
Black beans, or "common beans," are from the Phaseolus vulgaris legume family, a plant that is native to the Americas. They are the fruit or seed of any plant in the family called Fabaceae. The black turtle bean is a small, shiny variety of the common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris) especially popular in Latin American cuisine, though it can also be found in the Cajun and Creole cuisines of south Louisiana. You can have Black Bean & Avocado Burgers using 25 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Black Bean & Avocado Burgers
- Prepare of Black Bean Patties.
- You need 15 1/2 oz of can of black beans, rinsed.
- You need 3 clove of fresh garlic.
- You need 8 each of jalapeño slices.
- It’s 1 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- You need 2 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 2 tsp of cilantro.
- It’s pinch of ground red pepper (cayenne).
- Prepare pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare dash of salt.
- It’s dash of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of lime juice.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 4 slice of pepper jack cheese.
- It’s of Avocado Spread.
- You need 1 each of Avocado.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- You need of Sammich & Fixins.
- It’s 8 each of bread slices.
- Prepare 4 of tomato slice.
- Prepare 4 of leaf of lettuce.
- Prepare 8 of slice of onion.
- You need 4 of dollop of salsa.
Like all varieties of the common bean, it is native to the Americas, but has been introduced around the world. Black Bean Recipes Black beans make a great addition to salads and chili or on their own as a side dish. From chili to soup, making dinner with your canned black beans couldn't be any easier. A can of black beans is one of those foods that always seems to be lurking in the back of your pantry.
Black Bean & Avocado Burgers instructions
- You will need:.
- Rinse black beans and split half into a large mixing bowl..
- For the second half of black beans- crush using a mortar & pestle or food processor..
- Add to the mixing bowl..
- Crush the garlic cloves and red pepper flakes and add to mixing bowl.
- Crush the jalapeño slices and add to mixing bowl..
- Now add the bread crumbs, eggs, ground red pepper, onion powder, salt, black pepper, cilantro, and lemon juice to the mixing bowl..
- Preheat skillet on low-medium heat and add olive oil..
- Mix patty mixture well until you have a smooth and pliable consistency..
- Form into 4 equal and flat patties..
- Cook patties for 5 minutes on one side. Then flip and cook for 4 minutes on the other side. Flip back over and add pepper jack cheese, cover, and melt. Now remove from heat..
- While the patties are cooking, make your Avocado spread. Mush the avocado, add the lemon juice and mayonnaise and mix well..
- Assemble the sandwich. Spread a thin layer of Avocado Spread on 2 bread slice, place your patty, top with tomato slice, leaf of lettuce, and 2-slice of onion. Add a dollop of Salsa for a nice kick!.
- Repeat this with the rest of the patties until complete. Serve and enjoy!.
If you need a new and improved way to use it up, try these black bean soups, bowls, dips, and. Rinse beans and check for stones and debris. We served it with fresh flour tortillas and avocado slices on the side. Seriously delicious!" – House of Aqua. Easy and Quick Black Bean Soup "[As written], this was way too hot for my family.