Easy Okara Burger. I had some leftover homemade okara and ingredients for hamburger steak, so I made this. The best part is that you don't have to drain any excess moisture from the okara like you do from tofu!! You can use any flavor of sauce you would like!!
You want the burgers soft enough to hold together, but not actually wet. The best part is that you don't have to drain any excess moisture from the okara like you do from tofu!! You can use any flavor of sauce you would like!! You can have Easy Okara Burger using 14 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy Okara Burger
- You need 1/2 of Carrot.
- It’s 1 of Onion (large).
- You need 200 grams of Ground pork.
- Prepare 100 grams of Fresh okara.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Panko.
- Prepare 30 ml of Milk.
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Sauce.
- Prepare 10 grams of Butter.
- It’s 1 bunch of Shimeji mushrooms.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Tonkatsu sauce (Japanese-style Worcestershire-style sauce or steak sauce).
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 2 tbsp of Mirin.
Recipe by Daikichi chan Mix the okara, mushroom dust, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, and white pepper together in a bowl. Add the hot water, soy sauce, worcestershire, and oil. In a separate bowl mash the rice & lentils together. So here's a dead simple recipe with tasty results, a thick burger made from okara.
Easy Okara Burger step by step
- Mince the carrot and onion. Sauté both until the onions are tender, and then season with salt and pepper. When finished, turn off the heat and let cool..
- Combine the egg, panko, and milk in a bowl..
- Add the okara and mix..
- Add the ground pork, cooked carrots and onions, and salt and pepper..
- When done mixing, form round patties and use the palms of your hands to knock out the air pockets..
- Heat oil in the frying pan and pan-fry 4 burgers at once..
- Once each one has browned, place on a plate. Use the same frying pan to make the sauce. Put in 10 g of butter and sauté the shimeji mushrooms..
- Once the shimeji have become tender, lower the heat to low and add the tonkatsu sauce, ketchup, and mirin. Pour the sauce over the burgers and they're done..
I really want to get some more okara recipes out there since it's such a nutritious thing to waste (for those who make their own soy milk, you can probably relate with the guilt felt when throwing yet another batch in the bin). See more ideas about Okara recipes, Okara, Recipes. This black bean and cornmeal burger is an easy veggie burger with just a few basic ingredients. Simply put the beans, flour, cumin, salt, cornmeal, and salsa in your food processor and mix. Use chickpea or cauliflower flour instead of the wheat flour for a gluten-free version.