Egg "Pizza". Very versatile recipe – thank you! Unroll dough on pan; starting at center, press out dough to edge of pan, building up edge slightly. Egg pizza is an easy pizza which has a lot of vegetables with eggs cracked all over it.
Cooking a Big Green Egg pizza is the same as cooking one in the oven. The only difference is you're cooking over a flame on the grill. Cooking your pizza can be a great experience. You can have Egg "Pizza" using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egg "Pizza"
- It’s of eggs.
- Prepare of heavy cream.
- It’s of cheddar cheese; shredded.
- It’s of small Spanish onion; julienne.
- You need of butter.
- It’s of avocado; cut into 8ths.
- It’s of scallions; thinly sliced.
- Prepare of salsa.
- It’s of large pinch kosher salt & black pepper.
- You need of vegetable oil.
Your homemade pizza will taste even better with the smokey flavor the lump charcoal provides. You'll think your Big Green Egg is a very expensive Italian wood. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, Parmesan cheese and seasonings until blended. In same pan, heat butter over medium-high heat.
Egg "Pizza" instructions
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Add just enough oil to barely cover the bottom of a non-stick saute pan..
- Add onions with a pinch of salt. Cook until onions are softened, about 3 minutes..
- Drain oil from pan and return to heat. Add butter..
- Whisk eggs and cream together in a seperate bowl..
- Add egg mixture to pan and swirl to evenly distribute onion and eggs. Sprinkle cheese atop evenly..
- Cook in oven for approximately 10 minutes or until eggs are no longer runny..
- Garnish with salsa, scallions, and avocado..
- Variations; Milk, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, zucchini, bacon, pancetta, pepperoni, sausage, oregano, sage, parsley, rosemary, thyme, basil, bell pepper, garlic, shallots, jalapeños, paprika, mozzarella, parmesean, romano, gruyere, parmigiano, chutney, goat cheese, yellow squash, crushed pepper flakes, spinach, arugula, asiago, fontina, asparagus, manchego, chives, capers, feta, fennel, kale, corn, sofrito, dill, marjoram, watercress,.
Pour in egg mixture; cook and stir until eggs are almost set. Place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet. Top with red peppers, bacon, onion and scrambled eggs. Poached eggs can be placed on top of a finished pizza the second it comes out of the oven. You might normally top your pizza with extra cheese, pepperoni, or mushrooms, but have you tried topping your pizza with an egg?