Hamburger Steak With Onions And Gravy. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Most authentic southern recipes are that way. Just easy ingredients brought together to sooth the soul and easily (and cheaply) feed a large family.
Maybe a little bit of butter and fresh garlic for good measure. Add stock and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. You can have Hamburger Steak With Onions And Gravy using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak With Onions And Gravy
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 cup of thinly sliced onion.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of beef broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
Hamburger Steak with mushroom onion gravy is easy to make but tastes like a dish that's been braised for hours. It's quick enough to put together for a weeknight dinner. We loved Hamburger Steak with gravy growing up. Rich brown gravy over a burger smothered with fresh mushrooms and browned onion with a potato on the side (smothered in more.
Hamburger Steak With Onions And Gravy instructions
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls and flatten into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties and onion in the oil until patties are nicely browned. About 4 min. per side. Remove the beef patties to a plate and keep warm..
- Sprinkle flour over the onions and drippings in the skillet. Stir in flour with fork, scraping bits of beef off the bottom as you stir. Gradually mix in the beef broth and sherry. Season with seasoned salt. Simmer and stir over medium low heat for about 5 min. until the gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to the gravy, cover and simmer for another 15 min..
This is my all-time favorite recipe for hamburger steak and onions. If I'm just cooking for me, I skip the gravy (they're very juicy without) and increase the onions because I like extra with every bite! Add the gravy to turn it into a wonderful smothered steak. I found the recipe during a web search and tweaked it. Listed cooking time is for the steaks, onions and gravy.