Mike's Kofta Kebobs. Mike's Kofta Kebobs Scroll to the bottom for a super quick and easy recipe for Mad Greek Rice as well as a link to my Tatziki Sauce. Warm the pita with a little butter and swipe with the tzatziki sauce. We are not taking orders right now.
Served with pitta bread, salad and sauce. Lamb Doner Kebab … placeholder text. Chicken Doner Kebab … placeholder text. You can cook Mike's Kofta Kebobs using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mike's Kofta Kebobs
- It’s of Kofta Meat.
- It’s 1 lb of Regular Ground Hamburger Meat [do not use lean meat].
- You need 1 lb of Ground Lamb Meat [do not use lean meat].
- You need 1/2 cup of Each: Fresh Cilantro & Parsley [chop extra cilantro for.
- You need 1/3 cup of White Onions [fine minced].
- You need 6 clove of Fresh Garlic [fine minced].
- It’s 1 tbsp of Fresh Mint [minced].
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Each: Black Pepper – Salt – Paprika – Cayenne Pepper – O.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Each: Ground Ginger – White Pepper – Red Pepper Flakes -.
- You need of Bread & Utensils.
- You need 3 of large Tandoori Naan Bread Packages [2 per package].
- Prepare 6 of Flat Metal Scewers.
- Prepare of Kofta Serving & Garnish Options.
- Prepare 1 of small White Onion [extra thin sliced].
- Prepare 1 of small Purple Onion [extra thin sliced].
- Prepare 1 of small Fresh Tomato [thin sliced].
- Prepare 1 of Grilled Yellow-Red-Green Bell Peppers [thin sliced – raw or pa.
- It’s 3 cup of Fresh Cilantro.
Lamb Shish Kebab … placeholder text. Chicken Shish Kebab … placeholder text. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat, and lightly oil grate. Lay the skewered kofta kebabs on a tray lined with parchment paper; Place the kofta kebabs on the lightly oiled, heated gas grill.
Mike's Kofta Kebobs step by step
- Make your Tatziki Sauce and let chill. My recipe can be found in the link below..
- Clean and preheat your gas grill or clean and light your charcoal grill. Authors Note: Charcoal will offer you much more flavor in your meat..
- Chop up and mix everything called for in the Kofta Meat section together very well. Refrigerate meat for at least one hour..
- Mold meat into five, 6"long x 1" wide, cigar shape forms as pictured..
- Mold meat around your scewers tightly using tap water to moisten the outside of your meat if needed..
- Grill meat for 8 – 10 minutes total. Try not to flip meat until the top side begins to firm and can hold up to a turn. Gently turn your meat [repeating] and grill until done..
- Grill Naan Bread until you can see score marks on the bread and a slight crisp. Do not over-grill as you'll harden your bread..
- Serve whole pieces of meat on Naan Bread with Tatziki Sauce, fresh Cilantro and any other additions listed..
- Mad greek rice recipe.
- 2 Packages Uncle Bens Rice Chicken Flavor bags. Tear a small hole in each bag and heat in microwave for 1 minute. Chop 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro and add to rice. Sprinkle a few dashes of Cumin on top and add 1- 2 tbsp salsa or chili sauce and mix. Sprinkle a few more dashes Cumin, mix and serve. Garnish rice with fresh Cilantro..
Serve the kofta kebabs immediately with pita bread, tahini and the fixings you prepared. Kefta (or kofta) is a deliciously spiced and tender type of Moroccan kebab made using ground beef or lamb. Mold the kofta on the kebabs While the grill is pre-heating, make the kebabs. Grab a skewer, and hold it with the wide side facing up. Take one of the portions of kofta and wrap it around the bottom of a skewer.