Thin crust pizza dough. Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal. Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan. Try to make it thicker around the edge.
It really is that fast and easy, which is why we believe this is the very best thin-crust pizza dough for a home cook on a weeknight. How To Make Thin Crust Pizza. If using frozen dough, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. You can have Thin crust pizza dough using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Thin crust pizza dough
- Prepare 4 1/2 cups of unbleached bread flour.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coarse cornmeal.
- You need 1 tablespoon of yeast.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of granulated garlic.
- Prepare 12 ounces of bottled water.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of whole milk.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. The longer the dough sits, the thicker the crust will be; for thinnest crust, shape and bake dough immediately, without any rest. Mix your flour, baking powder, and salt together in a mixing bowl. This is the best thin crust pizza dough recipe in the world!
Thin crust pizza dough instructions
- Using a stand mixer, pour in wet ingredients at room temperature. And then add the dry with the yeast not touching the salt. Start mixing at speed one..
- Mix at speed 2 to 3 until mixed and you can form a windowpane..
- Scale into 4 equal parts and place in oiled containers..
- Cover and let proof until doubled in size..
- Lightly sprinkle pan with cornmeal and place dough on pan, forming to full size once on the pan..
- Top and bake in a preheated oven at 450°F for 14 to 20 minutes depending upon your pan, oven, and topping..
It's easy to prepare, and it has an amazing fluffy yet crispy edge with a thin center. The battle of thick crust versus thin crust. I'm team thin crust and Shane's team thick crust. In a large bowl, whisk together the bread flour, salt, and yeast. This is a Sicilian-style pizza dough recipe which makes a pizza with a deliciously crispy thin crust.