Air Fryer Pita Margherita Pizza. Equipped With Dishwasher-Safe Crisper Plates & Nonstick Coating. Two Independent Cooking Zones With Their Own Baskets, Fans & Heaters In One Appliance! This Air Fryer Margherita Pizza is going to become a new regular at my house!
Of course you can always make your own crust, but I like to keep a few of the good quality frozen crusts that I get at the grocery store. Use a spoon and swirl Pizza Sauce on to Pita Bread. Add your favorite toppings and Cheese. You can have Air Fryer Pita Margherita Pizza using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Air Fryer Pita Margherita Pizza
- It’s of Pita bread.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need of Pizza sauce homemade or jarred. I like Muir Glen organic.
- You need of Optional extra seasoning -oregano, italian and pinch of salt.
- It’s of Chopped garlic.
- You need of Chopped onion.
- You need of Torn Basil.
- Prepare of Mozzerella snack balls.
- It’s of Sliced tomato.
- You need of Shredded cheese of choice.
Add a little drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over top of Pizza. Place in Air Fryer and place a Trivet over Pita Bread. Carefully remove from Air Fryer and cut. I just got a new air fryer because I wanted one with a larger capacity and I figured it was worth a try to see how a pizza would turn out.
Air Fryer Pita Margherita Pizza instructions
- Drizzle and rub olive oil on what will the bottom of your pita bread.
- Turn over and spread your sauce on with a spoon. Sprinkle with additional seasoning if desired..
- Top with garlic, onion and basil..
- Flatted out your mozzerella balls(about 6) and place on top..
- Top with sliced tomato and shredded cheese..
- Place in air fryer and cover with a trivet or something similar so toppings don't fly around.
- Cook at 350° for 6 mins.
- If you want a bit crispier crust like me at the end of your 6 mins crank the temp up to 400° and add an additional 3-4 mins.
The good news is it worked perfectly! This Air Fryer Margherita Pizza is going to become a new regular at my house! If you are after a snack or a light lunch, try making this air fryer pizza recipe that uses pita flat breads as a base. For an extra light base you could also use a flour tortilla. I usually use fresh basil, mozzarella balls and rich passata for a traditional tasting Italian style pizza, but you can use your favorite sauce and whatever cheese.