BBQ Chicken Pizza. The key to keeping the chicken moist and flavorful is mixing a few TBSP of BBQ sauce into the cubed chicken before topping the pizza. Otherwise, the edges tend to dry out while cooking. Also, slice the onions super thin so they will cook more quickly.
This barbecue chicken pizza packs a whole lot of flavor for pizza night thanks to ingredients like chicken, barbecue sauce, shredded mozzarella, red onion and cilantro. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper and grease with cooking spray. Put the chicken in a baking dish, season with salt and pepper and brush with the barbecue sauce mixture. You can cook BBQ Chicken Pizza using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of BBQ Chicken Pizza
- It’s 1 of Pre-made pizza crust (or make your own).
- Prepare 3 of Chicken breasts.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 cup of Shredded mozzarella.
- Prepare 1 cup of Shredded sharp cheddar.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Pizza sauce.
Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough. Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces. Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan). In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine chicken, barbeque sauce, honey, molasses, brown sugar and cilantro.
BBQ Chicken Pizza instructions
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Bake crust alone until slightly golden brown.
- Cut chicken into bite sized chunks and brown. Season with salt and pepper..
- Combine chicken and BBQ sauce.
- Spread pizza sauce on baked crust.
- Spread BBQ chicken on crust next.
- Top with mozzarella and cheddar.
- Sprinkle onion over the top.
- Bake until cheese is brown and bubbly.
Let stand for a few minutes. In a mixer, combine flour and salt. With the mixer running on low speed (with paddle attachment), drizzle in olive oil until combined with flour. This is a recipe for classic BBQ chicken pizza with tangy BBQ sauce, chicken, and red onion. Gouda cheese gives the homemade pizza the most delicious smoky flavor and cilantro adds a touch of freshness.