Chickpea &Salmon Patty burgers. The chickpea or chick pea (Cicer arietinum) is an annual legume of the family Fabaceae, subfamily Faboideae. Its different types are variously known as gram or Bengal gram, garbanzo or garbanzo bean, Egyptian pea. Chickpea seeds are high in protein.
Chickpea Recipes Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are an extremely versatile ingredient with mild taste but lots of protein. These chickpea flour recipes create dishes that are healthy and delicious. Also known as garbanzo bean flour, chickpea flour is made by grinding dried chickpeas into a powder. You can cook Chickpea &Salmon Patty burgers using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea &Salmon Patty burgers
- You need 1/2 can of (14oz) chickpea drained well.
- You need 1 can of (14.75oz) pink salmon drained well.
- Prepare 1 cup of crackers crushed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of onions diced thin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of tony chachere's original Creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 5 of hambuger buns.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded lettuce.
- It’s 1 large of red tomato.
- It’s 5 slice of of cheese.
- It’s 1 tsp of mayonnaise for each bun.
Chickpea flour is high in protein and fiber and is useful for binding ingredients. Chickpea flour: Indian and Italian cuisines both incorporate chickpea flours into a lot of dishes, from curries to pastas! In fact, India is crazy about chickpeas and produces more than any other country in the world. The name chickpea comes from the Latin word cicer, referring to the plant family of legumes, Fabaceae.
Chickpea &Salmon Patty burgers instructions
- in a large bowl add chickpea that are drained well,add salmon drained well, crackers, tony chachere 's season, onions eggs ,salt and pepper.
- mix together very well, should be in a ball form, makes 5 thick pattys..
- now the flour in another bowl, take patty and put onto flour, with your fingers press down and turn patty do the same, untill all the pattys are floured..
- on medium-high heat,in a skillet put the vegetable oil let heat oil untill hot. but not to hot that the oil is smoking then its to hot..
- place pattys in and fry on each side for 5 minutes.untill fried all pattys.
- optional make your burgers or using the patties for your main course.
- to make your burgers, add mayonnaise ,lettuce ,tomato . and chesse.
- you can garnish anyway you like..
It is also known by its popular Spanish-derived name, the garbanzo bean. Kidney beans, black beans, lima beans, and peanuts are other familiar foods found in this legume family. These plants produce edible seeds, called pulses, that have high nutritional value. I'm always craving chickpeas, it's my favorite legume and I just can't get enough! I toss them in any salad I eat for added protein.