Greek Burgers w/yogurt sauce. In medium bowl, mix all burger ingredients and remaining yogurt. Combine all patty mix ingredients in a bowl. Do not over work the mix.
Cook the burgers until light pink in the center. In medium bowl, mix all burger ingredients except buns. Place patties on grill over medium heat. You can have Greek Burgers w/yogurt sauce using 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Greek Burgers w/yogurt sauce
- It’s of Patty Mix.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground lamb *or lean ground beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of cooked spinach, squeezed dry and chilled.
- You need 1/2 cup of feta cheese.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh oregano, dill, and parsley.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cumin.
- You need 1 of egg yolk.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne.
- It’s of Yogurt Sauce.
- You need 3/4 cup of plain Greek yogurt.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped cucumber.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of honey.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of lemon zest.
- You need of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped dill.
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped mint.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and pepper.
- It’s of Serve With.
- Prepare of Toasted ciabatta buns, sliced tomato, cucumber, and red onion.
- You need of Or- on a wilted spinach salad with diced tomato, cucumber.
Grill the burgers until cooked through and the inside of the burger is no longer pink. To make the yogurt sauce combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Take a taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Serve burgers with a dollop of sauce on the side.
Greek Burgers w/yogurt sauce step by step
- Combine all patty mix ingredients in a bowl. Do not over work the mix..
- Form four patties and refrigerate 10-15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil on a medium high heat skillet, cook burgers 3-5 minutes per side to desired doneness. *if using bison DO NOT cook beyond medium or it will be dry!.
- Served drizzled with yogurt sauce.
Grilled Turkey Burger With Greek Yogurt Topping is perfect, easy and super HEALTHY meal for the entire family. Tender juicy meat hugged with seasonal veggies in whole grain bun, topped with amazing light and delicious yogurt sauce makes this burger extra special and extra tasty – perfect for BBQ and backyard parties. We made with beef because we couldn't find ground lamb at the store. I bought Greek yogurt specifically for the sauce and I'm glad I did. The thickness really held things together.