Air Fryer Pita Margherita Pizza. This Air Fryer Margherita Pizza is going to become a new regular at my house! Perfect for a one person lunch or make a couple to share for dinner! They are quick and easy so you can make as many as you want!
Add your favorite toppings and Cheese. Add a little drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over top of Pizza. Place in Air Fryer and place a Trivet over Pita Bread. You can have Air Fryer Pita Margherita Pizza using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Air Fryer Pita Margherita Pizza
- Prepare of Pita bread.
- You need of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Pizza sauce homemade or jarred. I like Muir Glen organic.
- You need of Optional extra seasoning -oregano, italian and pinch of salt.
- You need of Chopped garlic.
- Prepare of Chopped onion.
- It’s of Torn Basil.
- You need of Mozzerella snack balls.
- Prepare of Sliced tomato.
- You need of Shredded cheese of choice.
Carefully remove from Air Fryer and cut. I just got a new air fryer because I wanted one with a larger capacity and I figured it was worth a try to see how a pizza would turn out. The good news is it worked perfectly! This Air Fryer Margherita Pizza is going to become a new regular at my house!
Air Fryer Pita Margherita Pizza step by step
- Drizzle and rub olive oil on what will the bottom of your pita bread.
- Turn over and spread your sauce on with a spoon. Sprinkle with additional seasoning if desired..
- Top with garlic, onion and basil..
- Flatted out your mozzerella balls(about 6) and place on top..
- Top with sliced tomato and shredded cheese..
- Place in air fryer and cover with a trivet or something similar so toppings don't fly around.
- Cook at 350° for 6 mins.
- If you want a bit crispier crust like me at the end of your 6 mins crank the temp up to 400° and add an additional 3-4 mins.
If you are after a snack or a light lunch, try making this air fryer pizza recipe that uses pita flat breads as a base. For an extra light base you could also use a flour tortilla. I usually use fresh basil, mozzarella balls and rich passata for a traditional tasting Italian style pizza, but you can use your favorite sauce and whatever cheese. Assemble the pizza by spreading tomato sauce on top of pita and sprinkling with mozzarella cheese. Cut out a piece of baking parchment and add to the air fryer basket.