Basic pizza dough. This easy pizza dough recipe is the key to making an extraordinary homemade pizza. We use all-purpose flour because double zero is hard to find. But if you're lucky enough to live near an Italian market or willing to purchase double zero flour online, using this flour will take your crust to the next level.
Combine sugar, water and yeast in a measuring cup or small bowl. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl and make a well in the center. Whisk sugar, oil, and salt into yeast mixture. You can have Basic pizza dough using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Basic pizza dough
- Prepare of 4 pizza doughs.
- Prepare 450 g of 00 pasta flour (or strong flour).
- You need 250 ml of lukewarm water.
- You need 1/4 tsp of dry yeast.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s of tomato sauce for 2 pizza doughs.
- It’s 200 g of canned plum tomato.
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato purée.
- It’s of black pepper.
- It’s of Chili powder.
- It’s of thyme.
- You need of oregano.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of Topping ingredients.
- You need of mozzarella.
- Prepare of mushrooms.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- Prepare of black pepper.
Add flour and stir until a sticky dough forms. Transfer dough to an oiled bowl and brush top with oil. How to make thick crust pizza: If you prefer thick crust pizza, you have a couple of options — do one or both for a thicker crust! Get the full instructions here: How To Freeze Pizza Dough.
Basic pizza dough step by step
- Mix the yeast and sugar into the lukewarm water. Then wait 5 mins before using the liquid to see if the yeast is working – little bits will start to rise to the top and you’ll know it’s active..
- Put the flour and salt in the bowl and mix with the water prepared in 1st step. Knead for 5-7 mins until the dough is shiny and it springs back when you press your finger into it..
- Cover tightly with cling film and then a tea towel. Place in a draught-free area that’s warm and leave until the dough has doubled in size. If it’s a hot day, it should only take 2 hrs to rise, but it could take 4 hrs if it’s cold. (If you don’t plan to use the dough for a day or two, place it in the fridge straight away; take it out 3-4 hrs before using. Punch it down first and bring it together on a floured surface.).
- Divide the dough into 4 pieces for plate-sized ones, then shape into balls. Then use your fingers to gently stretch the dough out..
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over a low heat. Fry gently for 5 mins or until the tomatoes have softened. Bring to the boil and lower the heat. Simmer, uncovered, until thickened and reduced. Season..
- Preheat the oven to 270C. Spread tomato sauce then topping any ingredients you would like to eat. Then slightly add some olive oil and black pepper. Put it in the oven for 5-7 mins. Then enjoy it!.
This is the easiest, BEST pizza dough recipe. Divide dough and roll out pizza bases to desired size. Sprinkle a little flour on the bench before rolling to prevent dough from sticking. Your dough is now ready for your favourite pizza topping. Remove the dough to a lightly floured surface and divide into four even pieces.