Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake. Bacon Cheeseburger Biscuit Casserole is an easy ground beef dinner recipe loaded with diced onions, condensed cheddar cheese soup, ketchup, mustard, crumbled bacon and shredded cheese all topped with pieces of Pillsbury biscuits. Brush melted butter onto biscuits with a pastry brush. Sprinkle on garlic salt and parsley for garnish.
Place biscuits evenly spaced around edges of dish & place one biscuit in center. I love biscuit topped meals, I grew up with my daddy making lots of different recipes with the biscuits cooked right on top. I love all biscuits but for meals like this I prefer to use the frozen biscuits instead of the canned biscuits. You can cook Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake using 7 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake
- You need 1 lb of Ground beef.
- You need 1/4 cup of onion, chopped.
- It’s 8 oz of Tomato sauce.
- You need 1/4 cup of Ketchup.
- You need 1 dash of ground black pepper (to taste ).
- It’s 2 cup of Cheddar cheese (shredded, divided).
- Prepare 1 can of Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits (10 per can).
I think the canned biscuits are too sweet but use whatever you family likes! The juicy ground beef and gooey cheese will have you coming back for more. And the biscuits will melt in your mouth. It really does taste like a cheeseburger.
Cheeseburger Biscuit Bake step by step
- Preheat oven to 400°F..
- In a skillet, over medium-high heat, cook ground beef and onions until meat is browned and onions are tender. Drain and return to skillet..
- Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup, and black pepper..
- In a greased 8×8 inch baking dish/pan, spread half the mixture over the bottom. Add a layer of shredded cheese (1 cup). Repeat layers..
- Flatten each biscuit and lay on top, covering as much area as possible. I used 9 biscuits this way, used the 10th to fill in gaps, then pinched and kneaded with fingertips until it covered the whole thing..
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and mixture is bubbly..
- *** Recipe originates from Taste of Home's 2003 "Quick Cooking Annual Recipes" cookbook..
Find Paula on The Best of Paula. Sign up to receive weekly recipes from the Queen of Southern Cooking. Evenly spread your warm ground beef over top of the biscuits. Sprinkle your cheese evenly over the ground beef. Slice and enjoy with a little ketchup and mustard.