Chili-CheeseDog Pizza. Grease two large baking sheets with cooking spray. This Chili Cheese Dog Pizza begins with a homemade pizza dough layered with hearty chili and shredded Mexican cheese before being topped with sliced hot dogs. It's then garnished with chopped onion and cilantro before being cut into wedges and served.
Take the classic chili cheese dog and twist it up with this Chili Cheese Pizza. Chili sauce, cheddar cheese, sliced hot dogs, and onion top a chewy pizza crust. Chili Cheese Pizza Once upon a time a chili cheese dog and a pizza met at a football tailgate party and fell in love. You can have Chili-CheeseDog Pizza using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chili-CheeseDog Pizza
- It’s of Chili cheesedog.
- You need 1/2 pound of hotdogs.
- Prepare 1 cup of sausage chili sauce see my recipe.
- Prepare 1/3 pound of whole milk mozzarella cheese shredded.
- You need 1/3 cup of Heinz tomato ketchup.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of yellow prepared mustard.
- It’s 2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare of Pizza dough.
- You need 1-1/2 tablespoons of yeast.
- It’s 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of hot tap water.
- You need 2 teaspoon of sugar.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of Coating.
- Prepare As needed of extra virgin olive oil for bowl and dough.
It's a fantastic crispy crust when baked in a cast iron skillet. Crisped with some garlic butter and adorned with our beloved chili, favorite hot dog slices and cheese. Everyone couldn't believe how delicious this was and super satisfying when we were craving chili cheese dogs. Place the wrapped hot dogs on top of the chili.
Chili-CheeseDog Pizza instructions
- Put the hot tap water in a bowl with the yeast, salt, oil, and sugar. Stir well. Let this sit 10-12 minutes. Mix the flour and baking soda..
- Slowly mix the yeast mixture with the flour mixture. When mixed knead for 10 minutes. Coat with oil the bowl and the dough. Let this rise for 1 to 1-1/2 hours in a warm place..
- Punch the dough. Divide the dough in half form two balls let them rest in a warm place for 20 minutes or, put into a ziploc bag and put into the refrigerator, till needed. Then form the pizza crust let it rest 10 minutes. If you want it bigger press it larger..
- Preheat oven 450°Fahrenheit. Take one pizza crust add ketchup spreading it over the whole surface. Cover with mozzarella cheese. Add the mustard. Cut the hotdogs clean in half lengthwise. This will give you 8 slices of hotdogs..
- Place the hotdog slices around the crust. The pizza will be cut into 8 slices so position the slices equally around the pizza crust. Add sausage chili sauce over the top of pizza. Now add the shredded cheddar cheese over the top..
- Add a bit of sweet pickle relish here and there over half the pizza, some folks don't like the relish. We put on top of the cheese so the one's who do can see which one has it on it. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes let rest for 7-8 minutes cut it carefully between the hotdogs so everyone gets an equal share. Now serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Add the butter to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high until melted. Wrap pizza dough strip around cheese and hot dog, overlapping slightly in center. The Weird & Wild "Chili Cheese Dog Pizza" is the best thing on planet earth. It's to simple to be pretentious and too awesome to be ignored! A thick layer of homemade beef chili, two types of cheese smothered on top, and of course, the king of the pizza, oven roasted hot dogs.