Deep-Fried Pizza-Panzerotti. I love panzerotti's cooked this way and ever since the pizza place that used to make them closed down I have been trying to figure out how to do them justice. I think I have come pretty close. Prep time will depend on whether you make your own dough.
These crispy panzerotti are stuffed with gooey mozzarella, freshly crushed tomatoes and capers. You will not be able to resist (or stop at one). I had a Panzerotti with my friends a few years ago at an Italian restaurant that overlooks the ocean, and wanted to recreate it. You can cook Deep-Fried Pizza-Panzerotti using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Deep-Fried Pizza-Panzerotti
- It’s of half a fist Your favorite pizza dough.
- It’s of per piece Wiener sausages.
- It’s of per piece Fresh tomatoes.
- Prepare of per piece Spinach.
- You need of Easy melting cheese.
- You need of Cheese of your choice.
- You need of Herb salt.
It's such a joy to cook something and eat it in a relaxed environment. Proofing the dough twice makes it elastic and. Deep-fried pizza panzerotti with tomato sauce. Fish and Chips, Junk Food From Above Italian deep-fried panzerotto with tomato sauce and mozzarella closeup on a wooden table. vertical.
Deep-Fried Pizza-Panzerotti instructions
- Roll the pizza dough into half a fist sized ball and let it sit for second rising..
- Cut the tomato into 5 mm cubes, leaving the skin on. Boil the spinach, and chop the uncooked sausage into 5 mm slices..
- Punch down the pizza dough, flour the working surface, and roll out the dough into a 25-cm diameter circle. (It will be reduced to about 15-cm in diameter after frying.).
- Place all of the fillings on either the right or left side of the dough, slightly off center, and sprinkle on the herb salt. Leave a 2-3 cm border at the edges of the dough..
- Wrap the filling with the dough into a half moon shape. Tightly secure the edges..
- It should seal well and look pretty if you fold the outer edge and press it down to secure it..
- Deep-fry the dough at medium temperature (about 170℃) until golden brown..
- Enjoy a piping hot Panzerotti..
Deep Fried Pizza and Chips, with Salt and Sauce, a Traditional Scottish Meal from a Fish and. While calzones are more commonly the size of a medium pizza, panzerotti's remain small and sandwich size. Panzerotti is essentially salted, deep-fried, pockets of dough filled with melted mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, and your pick of "toppings." The panzerotti are one of the oldest street foods in Italy. They say they were created in the Salento area, when a baker decided to use some leftover bread dough to prepare small fried pizzas folded into the shape of a crescent, with a stringy heart of mozzarella and tomato. The panzerotto has different names in different regions.