Easy! Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce. Enjoy Our Restaurant Quality Dishes While Staying At Home. Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce. I wanted to make hamburger steaks simmered in sauce using ingredients that I always have in stock, so I simplified the recipe.
My family loves hamburger steak simmered in sauce. If you use demi-glace in the simmering sauce, you'll have a restaurant-quality dish! It looks like it takes a lot of effort, but it's actually quite easy. You can have Easy! Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy! Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce
- Prepare 500 grams of Ground meat – beef and pork mix.
- It’s 1/2 of Onion.
- You need 200 ml of ☆ Panko.
- It’s 150 ml of ☆Milk.
- It’s 1 of ☆Egg yolk.
- It’s 1 of ☆Salt.
- It’s 1 of ☆Pepper.
- It’s 1 dash of ☆Nutmeg.
- You need 300 ml of ★Ketchup.
- You need 300 ml of ★Water.
- You need 2 tbsp of ★Japanese Worcestershire Sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of ★Soy sauce.
Great recipe for Easy Hamburger Steak with Sauce. I wanted to have some hamburger steaks even when I am strapped on time. The simmering time will vary depending on how hot the heat is, so please adjust accordingly. I chopped the onions up using a food processor.
Easy! Our Family Recipe for Hamburger Steak Simmered in Sauce instructions
- Chop the onion finely and squeeze out the water..
- In a bowl, mix the ☆ ingredients..
- Mix the onion and the meat into Step 2, and knead well until the fat in the meat starts to melt and the whole thing gets sticky..
- Form the meat mixture into patties. Throw the patties from hand to hand to remove any air pockets. Shape into ovals, and make an indentation in the middle of each patty..
- Melt butter in a pan, and brown the patties on both sides over medium-low heat..
- While the patties are browning, combine the ★ ingredients in a bowl..
- When the patties are browned, add the combined sauce ingredients to the pan all at once. Coat the patties with the sauce, cover with a lid and simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes. Flip the patties over occasionally..
- Raise the heat to medium near the end to thicken the sauce..
- Serve and enjoy..
Sear each side of the beef patty until it's browned with a nice crust. To make the slurry which thickens the gravy, Whisk the beef broth and flour in a small bowl until lump free. Over medium- high heat add the slurry to the skillet. Slowly add the beef broth; whisk until smooth. Stir in the Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.