Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza. Spray a large baking sheet with non-stick baking spray. Preheat a grill over medium-high heat. Transfer the cooked chicken to a cutting board and let rest while you prepare the pizzas.
You may be tempted to use some kind of artisanal or complex homemade BBQ sauce, but I highly recommend using the cheapie,. [tweetthis]BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza makes for a super simple weeknight supper or easy appetizer #recipe #foodblog[/tweetthis] I take a lot of help from the grocery store in this recipe by using ready made flatbreads, bottled BBQ sauce and a roasted chicken. No matter how you choose to prepare this dish, it doesn't change the fact that barbecue chicken flatbread is a great, simple weeknight dinner recipe. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. You can cook Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza
- You need 1 pound of chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- You need of oil.
- Prepare 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder.
- It’s 6 of pita or small, round Middle Eastern flatbreads.
- You need of BBQ Sauce.
- It’s bag of shredded mozarella (You won't need all of it.).
- You need 1/2 of red onion, peeled and cut into very thin strips, vertically.
- You need of roughly 20 stems cilantro, chopped (I use stems and all.).
Tips for making this BBQ Chicken Flatbread Pizza Recipe. The flatbread brand that I used for this flatbread pizza recipe is Stonefire (not sponsored, I just really enjoy the product). The recipe yields two flatbread pizzas. Add the chicken to the pita and sprinkle with mozzarella and red onion, to taste.
Flatbread/Pita BBQ Chicken Pizza instructions
- Preheat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large pan to high, add chicken to the pan in a single layer. Let it cook undisturbed for 3 or 4 minutes on one side. Then add salt and onion powder, redistribute chicken, ensuring that the uncooked side of each piece is touching the cooking surface, then cook another 4 or 5 minutes until all chicken is opaque and cooked through..
- Add 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce and mix to incorporate. Turn off heat, let chicken cool, and preheat oven to 435F..
- Toss chopped cilantro and red onions with oil. (About 1 Tablespoon per each.) This will give your cilantro and red onions more of a roasted flavor than if you didn't toss them in oil..
- Lightly brush each pita/flatbread with oil and place them on a baking sheet or sheet pan..
- Spread 2 Tablespoons BBQ sauce on each pita/flatbread evenly..
- Top with mozzarella..
- Followed by the chicken divided in 6 equal portions. (I know there are only 5 here, but the Hubs had eaten one for breakfast. :P).
- Then top with onions. (As you can see, I LOVE onions. :D).
- Then cilantro. (As you can see, I also LOVE cilantro.).
- Then an optional additional sprinkling of mozzarella to hold the toppings in place once the cheese melts..
- Bake for 15 minutes, switching racks halfway to make sure each pan gets the same type and intensity of heat exposure. That's it! Enjoy. :).
Garnish with fresh cilantro, slice, and serve. Top each naan flatbread with the remaining BBQ sauce, followed by the cheese, chicken and BBQ sauce mixture, and sliced onion. Place flatbreads on a baking sheet, add reserved BBQ sauce with a brush or a spoon. Add chicken, broccoli (if using) and bacon. Then everybody just builds the pizza to their soul's content.