Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza. Margherita pizza is a thin-crust Naples-style pizza topped with tomato sauce, fresh mozzarella, basil leaves, and Parmigiano-Reggiano. Grease a large baking sheet with canola oil. This margherita pizza recipe begins with my homemade pizza dough.
We moved into our new house last week. Alternate the slices of tomato and mozzarella on top of the sauce. After I got the dough all situated, I coated it with olive oil and baked it on parchment paper directly on the oven rack. You can cook Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza
- It’s 1 cup of sourdough starter.
- It’s 1 cup of organic spelt and red hard wheat flour mix.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of unbleached white flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of organic yogurt.
- You need 1 tsp of kaniwa seeds (for extra protein profile).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of Extra Virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of homemade tomatoe sauce.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of fresh Basil.
- Prepare 1 lb of fresh mozzarella cheese in liquid.
Now it's time to layer on the tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil! I used fresh mozzarella that was already sliced, but you could use shredded mozzarella as well. With a make-ahead dough and a simple sauce, this pizza is an option any night of the week. Just make the dough in the morning; then shape it an hour before you're ready to eat.
Fresh mozzarella Basil sourdough pizza step by step
- Grind spelt and red hard spring wheat into flour in a grain mill..
- Whisk all wet ingredients (sourdough starter, yogurt) in a large mixing bowl. Add flours, kaniwa seeds,salt..
- Knead the dough by hands until smooth. Shape it into a ball and cover the bowl with a giant plate to avoid drying out. Allow it to rise in the oven with oven lamp on if room temperature is lower than 70F. Give it at least 2 hours to ferment before checking it out. Don't even bother to check it too frequent..
- About 6 hours or so, dump the dough on a working surface with a little bit olive oil. Press the dough from the center and gently work outerward to shape it into a big round flat bread. Transfer the bread onto a baking sheet with lining a parchment paper at the bottom. Add a little bit olive oil again and smooth out a cup of tomatoe sauce, also work from middle to the edge and stop from 1/4 inch towards the edge. Evenly distribute mozzarella cheese and aged cheese and Basil..
- Bake at 420 F for 20 minutes. Slice and enjoy 🍕..
If homemade dough is not your thing, just buy the premade dough at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods Market, and shape it as you would the scratch dough. Carefully remove pizza stone from oven. Top evenly with cheese, tomatoes, and pepper. The simple ingredients on this pizza are so good, and fresh mozzarella is the best! You can make your dough, or purchase uncooked pizza dough from the bakery dept. of your supermarket.