Gyro burgers. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium-high heat, and lightly oil grate. In large bowl, combine ground beef, ground lamb, onion, garlic and bread crumbs. Season with savory, allspice, coriander, salt, pepper and cumin.
Season the patties with salt and pepper on both. In a bowl, combine the yogurt, garlic, rosemary, lemon-pepper and salt. Crumble meat over mixture; mix well. You can cook Gyro burgers using 7 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gyro burgers
- It’s of "gyro" burger meat.
- You need 3 lb of ground beef.
- Prepare 4 1/2 tsp of dried oregano.
- It’s 3 tsp of Onion powder.
- It’s 3 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
Up your grilling game this summer with a burger that's sure to impress—i.e. a Gyro Burger. Inspired by the classic Greek sandwich, we've upgraded ground beef with bold seasoning and a new home inside of a pita pocket, rather than typical sesame bun, with lettuce, tomato, red onion, feta cheese, and generous drizzle of toasty tahini sauce. The Best Greek Burger (Gyro Burger) is a juicy tasty burger recipe that tastes just like a gyro! An easy to make unique burger with all the Greek flavors you love!
Gyro burgers step by step
- Combine all the spices into the ground beef in a large bowl. Shape into large thick patties and grill. Slice thin when ready to eat..
- Warm your pita bread and add toppings like thinly sliced onion, tomato, and tzatzki sauce (a combination of Greek yogurt, cucumbers, seasonings)..
This grilled lamb burger is sugar-free, gluten-free, low carb, and keto too! Here's our better-for-you version of a gyro: BOCA Burgers with fat-free sour cream, garlic, plum tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese. It's time to add a little greek flare into our burgers and make a Gyro Burger. If you haven't had a gyro, you're missing out. It's a greek wrap containing meat shaved off a spit (often lamb or chicken) paired up with tzatziki sauce and some veggies.