Hamburger patties in mushroom sauce. Elegant, gourmet bunless burgers (or you can call them hamburger steaks) topped with a yummy mushroom and onion sauce. These burgers are excellent for entertaining because they look so fancy, and taste even fancier! For the sauce: Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
Remove patties from pan, cover and let sit. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Combine the flour, water, Worcestershire sauce and remaining soup mix until blended; stir into skillet. You can have Hamburger patties in mushroom sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger patties in mushroom sauce
- Prepare 1 pound of hamburger meat.
- It’s 1/4 cup of onion, diced.
- You need 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 dashes of worceshire sauce.
- Prepare of I can cream of mushroom soup.
- You need 1/3 cup of half½ or whole milk.
- You need 1 of heaping tbsp sour cream.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Add the burgers and cook until well browned on both sides. Remove the burgers from the skillet. Hamburger steaks — sometimes called Salisbury steaks — are a classic comfort food. Salisbury steaks are typically made with ground beef and seasonings.
Hamburger patties in mushroom sauce step by step
- In a bowl combine hamburger meat, onion, garlic and worceshire sauce. Mix well and form 4 patties.
- Place in a skillet on med high heat the patties, flipping once after 3 min. Then add mushroom soup, sour cream and half&half. Mix well.
- Cover for 10 min. Then serve with a dash of salt and pepper.
This version includes some fine dry bread crumbs and grated onion. The easy mushroom gravy is a simple pan gravy, and it is the perfect sauce for these delicious hamburger steaks. Arrange on the prepared pan and brush both sides with olive oil. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, heat oil over medium heat. The burgers are grilled in the recipe but you could fry them in the pan as well.