Hamburger Steak with Gravy. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Combine all gravy ingredients in a bowl, mixing well with a whisk. Pour into skillet, stirring constantly until thickened.
Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Mix ground beef, eggs, bread crumbs, garlic, salt, pepper and onion. Using a wooden spoon handle and make a hole in the center of the patty. You can cook Hamburger Steak with Gravy using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak with Gravy
- Prepare 1 pound of Hamburger meat.
- You need 1 of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s of Black Pepper.
- Prepare of Garlic Salt.
- Prepare of Seasoning salt.
- You need of Onion soup mix.
- It’s 1/4 cup of oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- Prepare 2 cups of brown gravy.
When the patties are done, remove them and make the gravy. The gravy starts with cooking mushrooms and onions in a pan. Cook a little garlic in the pan and then add flour. Cook the flour while whisking it and add beef broth.
Hamburger Steak with Gravy step by step
- I did not measure any of the spices, so it's really up to your taste. Mix Hamburger meat, egg, breadcrumbs, and spices together in a bowl..
- Pour the oil in a pan, I used a deep skillet so I can make the gravy in the same pan, and turn on medium heat..
- Make some hamburger patties in put in the pan when the oil is heated up..
- Cook on both sides until meat no longer runs pink, about 5 minutes on each side..
- Place patties on a plate and throw the flour in the pan to make the gravy with the droppings and oil. Make sure the flour is browned and then pour the beef broth in the pan. Whisk until thickened..
- Pair with mashed potatoes and your favorite veggies and enjoy!.
Simmer and stir the sauce until it thickens and becomes smooth. Add some Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce and the gravy. Serve with white rice or mashed potatoes. Hamburger Steak and Gravy is pure southern comfort food at it's finest! An old fashioned recipe of deliciously seasoned beef with a from scratch onion brown gravy.