Hamburger Steak With Onions And Gravy. In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, and Worcestershire sauce. Most authentic southern recipes are that way. Just easy ingredients brought together to sooth the soul and easily (and cheaply) feed a large family.
Maybe a little bit of butter and fresh garlic for good measure. Hamburger Steak with Onions and Brown Gravy Recipe. One of my all-time favorite entrees, especially when I was young, was a Hamburger Steak. You can cook Hamburger Steak With Onions And Gravy using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Hamburger Steak With Onions And Gravy
- It’s 1 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 of egg.
- You need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need 1/8 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 cup of thinly sliced onion.
- You need 2 tbsp of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of beef broth.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking sherry.
- You need 1/2 tsp of seasoning salt.
As I got older and my tastes developed more I started making a Hamburger Steak with Onions and Brown Gravy Recipe. I remember going to a local restaurant that was known for their high-quality steaks. Hamburger Steak with mushroom onion gravy is easy to make but tastes like a dish that's been braised for hours. It's quick enough to put together for a weeknight dinner.
Hamburger Steak With Onions And Gravy step by step
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, pepper, salt, onion powder, garlic powder and worcestershire sauce. Form into 8 balls and flatten into patties.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the patties and onion in the oil until patties are nicely browned. About 4 min. per side. Remove the beef patties to a plate and keep warm..
- Sprinkle flour over the onions and drippings in the skillet. Stir in flour with fork, scraping bits of beef off the bottom as you stir. Gradually mix in the beef broth and sherry. Season with seasoned salt. Simmer and stir over medium low heat for about 5 min. until the gravy thickens. Turn heat to low, return patties to the gravy, cover and simmer for another 15 min..
We loved Hamburger Steak with gravy growing up. Rich brown gravy over a burger smothered with fresh mushrooms and browned onion with a potato on the side (smothered in more. Add stock and remaining salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Sprinkle with green onions, if desired. This is my all-time favorite recipe for hamburger steak and onions.