Healthy English Muffin Turkey Burger. Great recipe for Healthy English Muffin Turkey Burger. DELICIOUS and healthy recipe for either breakfast, lunch or dinner! Use an English Muffin preferably for Breakfast (or lunch and dinner if you like) and a normal Wheat Burger Bun for a more lunch or dinner plate!
Turkey burgers will help satisfy that primal craving for meat without weighing you down. Compared to beef, ground turkey breast has the same amount of protein but half the saturated fat. Plus, using an English muffin in place of a bun saves you some carbs, too. You can have Healthy English Muffin Turkey Burger using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Healthy English Muffin Turkey Burger
- You need 9 of as needed English Muffin.
- You need 1 packages of Ground Turkey.
- You need 2 of Onion.
- You need 1 of Green, red, or Yellow Bell Pepper.
- It’s 1 tbsp of Garlic (mashed).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Ketchup.
- You need 1 tbsp of Mustard.
- You need 1 of as needed Ground peppercorns.
- Prepare 1 dash of Cajun Seasoning (optional).
- You need 1 dash of Salt.
- Prepare 9 of as needed Asian Greens.
- Prepare 9 slice of Cheese (optional).
- It’s 1 of Avocado (optional).
In addition to the traditional lettuce and tomato, we like to top our patties with avocado for extra creaminess. Spoon the chipotle mayo over the burgers and serve. Turkey is a lean meat, that's why using it in place of beef for burgers is such a major healthy shift. To keep this choice a healthy one, take extra caution as you choose.
Healthy English Muffin Turkey Burger instructions
- First take the package of ground turkey. Add the onions, peppers, seasonings (pepper, salt, Cajun, etc), ketchup, garlic, and mustard and mix together with your hands. Shape them into patties (one pack for me made about 9 patties) and grill them normally until cooked. (pan fry will do also) You can grill them until dark and then put them In the oven afterwards to finish cooking them if you're afraid the grill will burn them like I did..
- Then toast your English muffins On top of one half of muffin Add: one slice of cheese if you would like Then some ketchup Then the patty Then the greens Then if you would like you can add a slice of onion, tomato, avocado or whatever you like. (Make sure it's healthy!) Then put the other half of the muffin on top like a normal burger. And voila! The English muffin makes if suitable for breakfast If you would like it for dinner, you can substitute the English muffin with regular burger buns and make regular burgers (make sure they're wheat for a healthier burger).
Use English muffins for hearty sandwiches made with deli ham or turkey, low-fat cheese and avocado slices. English muffins may serve as a healthy stand-in for refined white buns for lean turkey or beef burgers as they generally contain fewer calories and more texture. If you grew up eating English muffin pizzas like I did, these cheesy burgers will be right up your alley. They taste like a beefed-up version of the childhood favorite. This recipe is like a pizza-burger hybrid: It borrows the very best traits from each to form a comforting family-friendly meal.